Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Travel Bag input needed (T-Bag)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 04:41 PM
bldap
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Travel Bag input needed (T-Bag)

I'm beginning to research travel/touring bags and would like your input. I'm not really interested in putting on an HD touring bag, or an after market hardshell touring bag. I was interested in the T-Bag setup since these can be taken off the scoot and carried into the hotel, tent, etc. Plus you could possibly use it as a bag that you could throw into the trunk of a car.

I have a 2009 catalog, since I'm running with the 3 pouch T-Bag windshield bag. A few touring bags that look interesting are the Route 66, Tahoe, and Super-T. I would be going with the top roll as well.

Anyone have first hand experience with these?

Old 11-17-2009, 04:52 PM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked at / fondled a bunch of bags at the local J&P store, and ended up with a Kuryakyn "Full Dresser".

Has rollers, so it's easy to drag into the hotel, holds a lot, built like a tank. Has a neat plastic interior shelf unit so it's easy to get your things in and out, a bunch of compartments and a rain cover.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...ID/27/IMID/700

Might be worth a look.

Matt

Old 11-17-2009, 05:15 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

We started off with off-brand leather bags from the local discount leather shop - had one rip out before we even left town. Stopped in SLC, Utah and bought two Super-Ts. At the time they were $200 each with the toproll and net. Five years, four bikes and 20,000 miles later they are still going strong. Sun, wind, dust, rain, sleet - they hold up. Rain covers work, zippers are all intact, no buckle or strap problems.....no problems whatsoever! I kinda wish they'd fall apart, 'cuz I'd like to buy new ones with wheels built in.............

Old 11-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Northwoodz
Road Warrior
Received 629 Likes on 162 Posts

Nelson Rigg CTB950. BEST I've ever owned!!! 1/2 the price of TBags and twice as sturdy.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:25 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain

I had (have) two bags from SAC. I really liked them and they are not real expensive and you can get them in nylon or leather. I haven't been able to use the ones I have for years because they were bought for my dyna (7" sissybar) and don't fit my last bike (road king) or my current bike (street glide) so anybody out there looking, I have them for less than 1/2 price.

http://www.coolsac.com/ProductGroup....y_code=LUGGAGE

Old 11-17-2009, 05:43 PM
bldap
Tourer

The Kuryakyn and bags by SAC doesn't look as if they are as big as the T-Bags and not sure if the bag/scoot attachment is as secure as the T-Bags. That's just from viewing on the web. The Nelson rigg bag looks interesting with the battery charger but again it seems as if the procedure to secure the bag to the scoot is a little involved. Again just from viewing the website.

Would be nice if I could find a local dealer that has all types of bags where I could actually investigate up close.

Appreciate the input. Anyone else have experience with the bags mentioned or others?

Old 11-17-2009, 06:30 PM
slick10
Road Master

We (the OL and me) have the Route 66 and really like them. We do an annual two week trip and usually rack up 3,000-4,000 miles. They hold everything we need and then some. She rides an 08 Deluxe. You can see my ride in my sig.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:43 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

I have the kury full dresser and personally I think the t-bags are a better option. The space available in the dresser bag is hindered by the dividers. The zippers are questionable and the rollers w/o a solid handle limit the versatility.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:56 PM
bldap
Tourer

Good point about the Kury...I was looking through the documentation and didn't see where there was a good way to carry the bag once it was off the scoot.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:54 PM
US Rider
Cruiser

I've had several bags, my current is a Route 66. It's easy to attach to the bike, and you can attach your helmet, jacket, etc to the raised handle when you're wheeling it in for the night. Verry happy with it.

Quick Reply: Travel Bag input needed (T-Bag)