Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GPS

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 12:13 PM
mcman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS

I'd like some input on a GPS that I can use on my '06 Ultra, my '02 Gold Wing and also use in the car. Does anybody have a recommendation on a specific model that can be switched around from vehicle to vehicle without much trouble? Which model has been successful for you even it you just use it on your H-D?? Any input would be greatly appreciated[/size].

Old 07-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior
Default RE: GPS

I use a Garmin 276C. Have a ram mount for the bike, a bean bag mount for my truck or car. It can also use the "Blue charts" for boats.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:20 PM
BlkSilverado
Cruiser

I've got the Garmin Quest II, and use it on my Road King with a handlebar mount, and in my truck with the windshield mount. I've downloaded the harley waypoints (Like the Harley GPS comes with) so if I'm needing a dealer I can pull them up using the POI feature. I like mine a lot, but everyone has differant preferances/needs.

But if you were to buy the Harley GPS set-up you'd be buying a Garmin Quest I with a Harley emblem.

Good Luck!!

Old 07-11-2006, 01:02 PM
mcman
Cruiser

Thanks for the input, guys. There are so many models it's hard to decide.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:21 PM
cruise_carter
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

Heres a good site with tips and reviews...

http://gpsinformation.net/

May help you decide.
I use a Garmin Quest and transfer between vehicles.
Never had a problem.

Dale

Old 07-11-2006, 06:25 PM
King Rider
Cruiser

I am also in the market and have done some research. As of today, I am either getting a Garmin Quest 2 or the Garmin 60csx. I am looking for the portability of transfering to any vehicle but my wife is getting interested in geocaching, so the 60csx fits both needs. I don't feel like buying 2 GPS units so I am trying to get one that meets both of our needs. If we do any hiking, we can get the topo maps for the 60csx. Guess I am leaning to the 60csx.

John....

Old 07-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Garmin Nuvi hands down. Small and light and one of the best out there. Easy to use, move and mount. Honestly folks I have had 4 units (2 navmans and a tomtom 700) and this one wins hands down. The routing is the best I have used. Its only fault when used on a bike is its not waterproof. If it rains I just pop it off and put it in my pocket. It's not much bigger then a deck of cards and all of it screen so its easy to read. Do yourself a favor and go down to circuit city and take a look at it. Oh yea its got a mp3 player and a bunch of other goodies...

Old 07-11-2006, 09:19 PM
jrcorea
Novice

I use the Garmin 2720 on my '06 Road King and in my vehicle. It is mounted on the bike with a Ram mount. In the vehicle I use a Garmin bean bag. It does a good job, is easy to use, and can be loaded with individual points of interest.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:21 PM
denied
Intermediate

Take a look at Lowrance 500c, I use it in my motorhome, car and bike. It comes with a handlebar mount for bikes and a glass mount for cars. The screen is larger than garmins so easier to see for these old eyes. Map is by Navtec which is one of the major digital map suppliers, just got an update which shows about every where I have been so far.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:29 PM
stevec
Intermediate

I have a Garmin 2720, mounted to my Road Glide with a Techmount, it mounts to my Ducati with a Saeng mount and mounts to my truck with a modified cell phone mount. On the bikes it is tied into an autocom so I can hear the directions along with the radar detector, even thou the RG doesn`t really need radar [&:]

Quick Reply: GPS