Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pointers on loading music on zumo 550?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 06:45 PM
john62
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question pointers on loading music on zumo 550?

Hi , I got a question about my zumo 550. I bought a card to put in the back of the unit. But I would like to load music from my CDs. I asked my tech savy kids but they said they didn't know how. I think they just don't want to have to go through my music choices, Little Feat, Willie Nelson, Van Morrison,Johnny Cash, ect.Is there a web site or someone on this site who can explain this in simple terms.Maybe after I finish ,I'll take the boy on a long ride with only my music to get even, I mean to educate him on good tunes

Old 11-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Buddha64
Tourer

Hi John,

What I did was load the CD's into my computer. Windows Media Player automaticly ripped them to my hard drive. I'm sure other programs will do this as well but this one is convenient for me. After they are on the computer I inserted my card in the slot my computer has for it. If your's doesn't have a slot but does have a USB port you can pickup a card reader at Radio Shack or Wally world for about 20 buncks. Then drag an drop the music on the card, insert into the slot and play. One complaint I have is the Zumo is abit slow to read the card when it's powered up but I'll survive. You may have to press source on the Zumo to get it to the MP3 player.

Hope this helps.
George.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:40 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

John,
Sound like you have some great choices of music planned!! Never forget the day we lost lowell george (Little Feat)and of course Cash!!!!Sorry i can't help with the dounload...Lucky for me the wife takes care of that stuff... Good Luck!!!! .. R.W.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Put the music in FOLDERS on the memory card. You can name the folders by artist, genre, or whatever you desire. This will speed-up the loading process for the ZUMO. If you don't put them in folders, your navigation can take MILES to get signals working.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
john62
Advanced
Question folder???

hey trail finder, you had me until folders on memory card. How do I do that?Remember your talking to a guy that makes tech support go on a drinking binge after they get off the phone with me.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

John, go to:
http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?action=forum

That's where you can get help for the Zumo...
My Zumo 660 only takes MP3's..

Old 11-16-2009, 10:09 PM
HardyHarHarley
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To load music into Folders on the memory card is simple.

Before you drag and drop music to your memory card, simply create a new Folder. You can name the Folder whatever you want....album name, group name, etc. It just organizes the music instead of simply putting all of your tunes in the same Folder.

Once you've created and named the Folder, be sure you drag and drop the music into that Folder.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Old 11-16-2009, 11:00 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You can also attach the Zumo with memory card to your computer with the USB cable....find the icon/drive for the memory card/disk and open it. Drag your music files to the card. You can also burn them straight from the CD to your card too. I'm a Mac...so it's easy - (I've pretty much forgotten how to do these things on a PC, but I think it'll be similar). No need to burn them to your computer first unless you want to. If you already have the files on your computer, you can drag them to the memory card as well.

Like other posters have said, definitely make folders to separate the music inside the memory card, otherwise, the Zumo will take forever to boot up.
AND files need to be mp3 and not mp4 (songs purchased with iTunes). For that very reason, I'm now purchasing my music through Amazon.com. The mp4's will download to your your card, but won't play through the Zumo. Know this from personal experience.

Good luck!

Old 11-17-2009, 03:11 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

You set them up just like your computer data. If you look in your documents, on the PC, you will see several folder icons, and then a listing of other files.

You want to do the same thing, but have all the music in the folders. Best way I have found to do this, is set thingsup on your comuter under a folder such as "My Music" Make several folders, name them Artist name, genre of music, or whatever you desire to organize the files.

Once you have it set-up on your PC, simply drag the folder you just made, onto the Zumo memory card

Mine is all organized by Artist. As I have several thousand songs on the PC, this mkes it easy to find what I want, and my Zumo loads quickly.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:15 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

The folks over on the Zumo Forum are very helpful..

Quick Reply: pointers on loading music on zumo 550?