Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I bought the Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift Today.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I bought the Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift Today.

I have been reading some good post on here about what lift to buy for my EGC. I went and looked at the one Northern Tool has. Then I went to Harbor Freight. They had two, one was aluminum and was more expensive. I looked at the yellow one they have on sale for 79.95..I was impressed at how well it is made. One good feature is the Bottle jack would be fairly easy to replace if you ever had trouble with it. The lift is made really well. I brought it home and put my bike on it. It's really stable. I like the different height's you can lock it if you want to leave your bike on it. Thanks to all the input from this forum. I know the Pit Bull and J&S lift's are probably better, But I really think this lift is ok for the guy who wants to clean his wheels and do oil changes and stuff.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:57 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

There is always something better and more expensive out there. That (Harbor Freight) is what we use. It fits the bill fine.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:00 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Man you are opening yourself to the, Spend $20K on a Ride then lift it with a $80.00 Jack...But hey its your ride and your cash so i say GOOD FOR YOU!!!!I have a Harbor freight by me and i cant go in there without spending some $$$$$.... Nothin made in the USA but then what is??????.......

Old 11-16-2009, 05:02 PM
bradleys
Tourer
Received 196 Likes on 69 Posts

OK - you purchased the jack, not the lift table.

I have been looking at their lift tables for some time and will probably pull the trigger one of these days.

As for the motorcycle jack - I have the old Sears stand by, I have seen the Harbor Freight model and it looks like a good product for the money.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bradleys
OK - you purchased the jack, not the lift table.

I have been looking at their lift tables for some time and will probably pull the trigger one of these days.

As for the motorcycle jack - I have the old Sears stand by, I have seen the Harbor Freight model and it looks like a good product for the money.
Yeah, I bought the lift jack..not the table! I looked at the table also today, it's made really well too. I was surprised when I looked at this lift. I thought it would be a pos for 79.95. But it's made well!! Plus the best feature is the bottle jack won't be hard to replace if it ever gives up.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:27 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
I have been reading some good post on here about what lift to buy for my EGC. I went and looked at the one Northern Tool has. Then I went to Harbor Freight. They had two, one was aluminum and was more expensive. I looked at the yellow one they have on sale for 79.95..I was impressed at how well it is made. One good feature is the Bottle jack would be fairly easy to replace if you ever had trouble with it. The lift is made really well. I brought it home and put my bike on it. It's really stable. I like the different height's you can lock it if you want to leave your bike on it. Thanks to all the input from this forum. I know the Pit Bull and J&S lift's are probably better, But I really think this lift is ok for the guy who wants to clean his wheels and do oil changes and stuff.
I bought the aluminum one, it was on sale for 135 and works nicely

Old 11-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Pork-Chop
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

link?

Old 11-16-2009, 05:55 PM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I got the Lift Table

I really like it...not having to crawl around the floor to do stuff on bike.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:56 PM
bking
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the yellow one as well, why spend more if you don't have to? More money for other goodies.... For my DIY purposes, it works just fine.

Here's the link

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpis...lift&Submit=Go

Old 11-16-2009, 06:00 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got the orange one, on sale for $69, spent $19.99 extra for a 27 month no questions replacement warrenty. I read the reviews on the craftsman, half or more say the jack worked 2 or 3 times then **** the bed, and sears told them tough luck bub, and no replacement parts available.

Quick Reply: I bought the Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift Today.