Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Classic VS Road King Classic

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 04:33 PM
dpendleton
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heritage Classic VS Road King Classic

I am trying to decide between a Heritage Classic and a Road King Classic and I am at a point of indecision. The kind of riding I'd like to do is some around town but also some 2-3 day road trips with my wife. If anyone out there as experience with both that could compare the bikes objectively, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!!

Old 11-15-2009, 04:58 PM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If these are both new bikes, take the Road King Classic. I mentioned the better bags in your other thread but forgot to mention the standard cruise control. Very easy to use and very addictive. I like my RKC much better than my Heritage especially because of the cruise. So call me shallow, see if I care.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:08 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

I have a RKC which I love. My friend has a Heritage classic which he loves. He has traveled all over the United States a couple of times, two up. You would be happy with either in my opinion.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
docsking
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had both and in my opinion the Road King is the better ride. The Heritage sits you lower and more in the bike which is nice if your on the shorter side but the R.K. will be more comfortable for the trips with the wife.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Anthony8858
Road Master

The Heritage felt much smaller to me, than the RKC. I do a lot of local scooting around town, and the RKC is never an issue.

Plus, I think it's a hot looking bike

Old 11-15-2009, 06:39 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

My very humble opinio I would Road King. Nothing beats touring.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:48 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Heritage vs RKC

If you post in the touring section all your gonna get for the most part is buy a RKC.....Which is a nice bike! If most of your riding is in town though, the Heritage may be a better choice....IMO. No bias here though.....lol!
Good luck on your choice! BTW, I do some cruisin myself 2-up & have no problems what so ever, but the cruise would be nice!

Clay

Old 11-15-2009, 06:57 PM
StreetBobJason
Intermediate
Default Rides like an old Cadillac

Hi,
I also was torn, Road King or Heritage Softail. I finally made my decision based upon how I felt when in seated on each. Also, I realize that the FLSTC bags can and will sag. However, they make inserts for the entire bags to help them stay in shape. So, this became a non-issue. I,ve decided since I fit better on the FLSTC to go with this one. By 11/21/09 I will be taking ownership of a new 2010 FLSTC, Flame Blue Pearl. However, I will be trading my 06 Dyna Streetbob in which I've owned since new. Hope I don,t miss her.
Any way no matter what You decide, You have to be Happy. Oh so does your wife

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...streetbob.html

11-17-09 Traded dyna for 10 FLSTC.
A world of difference in riding position, comfort, and on the freeway. So glad I decided to buy. On an added note, since I was also torn for well over a year. Which bike to purchase RKC or FLSTC. I will keep this one and then buy a RKC.

Attached Thumbnails Heritage Classic VS Road King Classic-11-18-09-flstc-front-side.jpg  

Last edited by StreetBobJason; 11-18-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Just took delivery of 10 FLSTC
Old 11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RK for sure

The biggest difference in my opinion is the lean angle. Look at the specs that Harley has on their website. The Heritage has a 26/29 degree and the RK has a 31/33 degree lean angle. That's a huge difference. Then there's the Brembo brakes, cruise control, air shocks and bags that won't look like crap in a couple of years. There's really not much of a choice between the two.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with the above poster, Randy, as the handling is as good, if not better, as any bike produced, so thoughts of any difficulties around town/city shouldn't be of concern. ( I think that most Motorman Officers would agree ) I think my 800lb RK handled better than a lighter Heritage I had as a loaner not too long ago. I can do things with my RK that amaze me all the time. Plus I like the added weight on the highway,especially on windy days. I think that most Motorman Officers would agree.

Both nice bikes, though! Style choice is up to the buyer.

Quick Reply: Heritage Classic VS Road King Classic