Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Anyone have a PCV map for this setup???

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009 | 04:57 AM
fireaxxe
|
Road Master
Default Does Anyone have a PCV map for this setup???

I have a 2009 Road King with the Power Commander V and S/E intake. I recently took off Rineharts I have and put the stock mufflers back on. I have not changed the fuel/ignition map yet which is the M15-003-0013 map from the Power commander website, bike runs great but a little rich. Was just wondering if anyone has a custom map, or maybe know which available map I could use for this setup. Just trying to keep my spark plugs a little longer.

Old 11-16-2009 | 01:24 PM
fireaxxe
|
Road Master

I spoke with someone and they told me to use the stock map. I am apprehensive about doing this because even in cool temperatures this bike runs hott usually 225 F to 235 F. I have noticed that since i made the change by putting the stock pipes back on and leaving the Rinehart map uploaded in the PCV my oil temp gauge never gets hotter then 200 F and the bike runs great. So i guess if its not broke i wont break it. Oh yea the plugs look good after 200miles.

Old 11-16-2009 | 02:31 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

Does power commander have it? Where did you buy the PC-V? If from FuelMoto, those guys will send you a new map. If not... well can't offer any other advice.

Old 11-16-2009 | 04:47 PM
fireaxxe
|
Road Master

I checked the power commander website and they only have the stock setup. I am thinking even tho I only have the upgraded air cleaner the A/F ratio should be a little richer than stock. I will check with fuelmoto and see if they can offer one

Old 11-20-2009 | 04:18 PM
fireaxxe
|
Road Master

Not sure if anyone cares, but I was bored one day and finished my 10k service early. After i did everything i took it for a spin( I am currently using Amsoil 20w50 in the engine and Spectro 75w140 in the trans, and i am very impressed with this setup). So I rode for about 125 miles then topped off the petro and noticed i was only getting 40mpg with the Rinehart download. After I dried my eyes, I changed the download to the stock PC-V setup just to see what it would do and got back to 45mpg. Still a little short of the 47mpg avg I was getting before. So I decided to leave the stock PC-V map downloaded. However, I was not sure if it would run the bike to lean and to hott like the original stock HD download. So I called Dyno tune and they advised me that the stock PC-V map is an approvement over the stock HD ECU setup. Now I can sleep. Oh btw I still plan on getting the Auto tuner cause I have soooo much more time and money to waste