Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ride on tire sealant

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009 | 12:07 AM
Knight2
Tourer

Just curious though,

Any of you that do use it live in the hot temps of Florida?
Just wondering if it pools in the bottomof the tire if not
used in a few days or so.
Wouldn't want to keep putting that front bearing through any
stress while getting the stuff all balanced out again and again.
Know what I mean ?
Pete

Old 11-17-2009 | 10:19 PM
oryxs
Novice

Knight2

From the ride-on website:

"Q: Does Ride-On (TPS) run to the bottom of the tire when the tire is not in motion?

A: No. Ride-On (TPS) contains specially selected binders which prevent this from happening. The sealant remains in place covering the interior surface of the tire. If a tire treated with Ride-On (TPS) is stored for a prolonged period of time, some of the Ride-On (TPS) can eventually pool in the bottom of the tire. Once the vehicle is driven for 3 to 5 miles, Ride-On (TPS) will again re-coat the inner surface of the tire. Note: the tire may briefly vibrate and be out of balance until Ride-On (TPS) has had a chance to evenly coat the tire. When Ride-On (TPS) has re-coated the tire, there should be no further balancing problems."

Hope this answers your question.

Old 11-17-2009 | 10:37 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by oryxs
Knight2

From the ride-on website:

"Q: Does Ride-On (TPS) run to the bottom of the tire when the tire is not in motion?

A: No. Ride-On (TPS) contains specially selected binders which prevent this from happening. The sealant remains in place covering the interior surface of the tire. If a tire treated with Ride-On (TPS) is stored for a prolonged period of time, some of the Ride-On (TPS) can eventually pool in the bottom of the tire. Once the vehicle is driven for 3 to 5 miles, Ride-On (TPS) will again re-coat the inner surface of the tire. Note: the tire may briefly vibrate and be out of balance until Ride-On (TPS) has had a chance to evenly coat the tire. When Ride-On (TPS) has re-coated the tire, there should be no further balancing problems."

Hope this answers your question.

I have had this in my tires for some time.. on my second set of tires and these are about done.. NEVER had I felt any sort of 'vibrate' from the bike sitting and the ride-on pooling on the bottom... as far as Iam concernced that is a NON issue..

When I was looking at this stuff - I went so far as to read all the testamonils and I even used the internet and track a few of them down.. I called them and they all said it really works.. Hey, if it stops just one leak its worth it...

Old 11-18-2009 | 06:33 AM
whoop72
|
Tourer

never experienced the vibration which the website cautions about, and I am in arizona. as has been stated, if i can avoid one flat out on the road, it is worth it to me. and the stuff works!

Old 11-18-2009 | 07:50 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired

In reading these threads I hear people say they will try it on their next set of tires. Do you have to put it in when the new tires are first installed. My Dealer replaced both front and rear tire on my bike about 500 miles ago.

Old 11-18-2009 | 09:47 AM
whoop72
|
Tourer

you can go it yourself. extremely easy. you do need to be able to inflate your tires.

Old 11-18-2009 | 10:43 AM
RAP
Road Master
Smile

You can put Ride-On in any tire, any time. Sooner the better!

Old 11-18-2009 | 12:39 PM
lazybee
Tourer

One suggestion on putting it in the tire. The clear plastic tubing that comes with your order is very short. It is useable, but getting a longer section of tubing makes it easier to get the stuff in the tire. I've used it for about 3 years and never had an issue.

Old 11-21-2009 | 04:04 PM
nchogfan
Road Captain

Originally Posted by lazybee
One suggestion on putting it in the tire. The clear plastic tubing that comes with your order is very short. It is useable, but getting a longer section of tubing makes it easier to get the stuff in the tire. I've used it for about 3 years and never had an issue.
YES, YES, YES!!! I put this stuff in both of my tires today and had I known that before I started, I would have gone to Lowes or the local hardware and bought about a foot of that tubing. It's aggravating as crap to get around a brake disc, muffler, swing arm and saddle bag when filling the back tire.

Old 11-21-2009 | 05:00 PM
patriotmc
Road Captain

How do you apply the stuff? Do you take out the valve and put it in like Fix-a-flat or do you have to remove the tire from the rim?

Also, what about cold weather. I live in Minnesota, so the bike sets for 4-5 months of artic weather. Does it harden or pool? Anyone up north use this stuff?

What is the cost... one poster said he was doing his tires for $100... wow.. that's not cheap.. yep, know it's less than a new tire, but.....

Quick Reply: ride on tire sealant