Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road king or Street glide, which would you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 07:33 AM
take 5
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road king or Street glide, which would you buy?

need advice which would be better for 2-up or is there no difference, would put a removable tour pak.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:57 AM
Rnemhrd
Cruiser

They are the same basic chassis. the Street Glide is lowered in the back, and has the fairing with a radio. The Road King has the shield that you can remove if you choose. I have seen tour packs on both, and hard lower fairings also. It comes down to permanent fairing and radio with some extra gauges, or being able to ride with nothing in front of you if you choose. I went from a dyne to a street glide, and there are days i wish I had a Road King, and have friends that are the on the other side of the fence wanting a Street Glide. The biggest thing with me is I hardly ever use the radio. I just zone out on the sound of the bike singing to me. Both are great bikes and tourers.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:21 AM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently have an 08 Sg but my previous bike was a Road king. You can't go wrong on either bike. They both travel well but it may come down to weather you like the fairing or windshield. Windshield on SG is short but can be replaced with a taller one. Original one is just for show. Radio and gauges are nice on the SG but if that isn't a requirement, go with what you feel best with. Everybody has the "that's my bike" feeling when they see what they really like. Go with that feeling. Can't lose either way.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do like I did...just buy BOTH....lol

Old 11-13-2009, 08:51 AM
gacoptrainer
Road Captain

Got me an 09 Electra Glide Standard. More comfortable seat and more rear shock travel to keep her comfortable. And NOOOO she's not a fat a$$. Sexy little blonde Lovin life!

Old 11-13-2009, 09:44 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your asking I'd say Street Glide. However, I would first go ride each of them before I purchased one.
Many people come onboard here and complain about one or the other without having first riden either.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Pork-Chop
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

neither.... buy a Road Glide

Old 11-13-2009, 09:56 AM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Pork-Chop
neither.... buy a Road Glide

..dat's right...cause dey purdy..

Old 11-13-2009, 09:57 AM
reghar01
Intermediate

I tried all the touring bikes and 1 softail at a demo ride in southern wisconsin earlier this fall. I rode the Heritage Softail Classic, RKC, Ultra Classic, and SG. Rode the SG last, just happened to end up that way, and I knew immediately that it was the right bike for me. I rode a used 07, but in the process of buying a used 06 due to funds. Adding a king tour pack over the winter for my wife's comfort and also the wider floor boards.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:00 AM
ArizonaFalconer
Tourer

I have an 02 FLHR Road King, and I love my bike. I wish though that I had the money to buy a 2010 Street Glide. The SG's fairing makes for more comfortable riding in terms of distance riding, and I think your passenger will appreciate the extra wind deflection.

I am not much for tunes, so the radio is somewhat secondary for me, but I also prefer the looks of the SG to the Road King, even when the Fairing is not in the calculation.

Quick Reply: Road king or Street glide, which would you buy?