Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road king or Street glide, which would you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 10:08 AM
JKT09FLHX
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tough decision...I have an 09 Street Glide and love it. However, if I didn't have a SG I would have a Road King. Whichever one feels the best to you is what you should get. I am very very very happy with my decision.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:53 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As cheap as used bikes are right now, you can buy a good used 06 SG and a RKC that's 4 or 5 yrs old for the price of a new SG. I have looked at my local Craigslist over the past few months, and there are some screamin deals on used bikes. It's almost sad how many people are selling because they are out of work.

We all should be happy to have the problems we have, like which bike to buy; or how much we should spend on upgrades. It's pretty sobering.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:30 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

For two up the Road King without a doubt. Much more comfy even one up but dont take my word for it. Go test them out.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:33 AM
NOLAMike
Road Master

They are both great bikes. That's why it can be a difficult choice. I was weighing the same decision a few months ago and went RK. Mainly because of the versatility. I can ride without the shield, which I do often, or with the shield for long trips or cold or rainy weather. Also, I assumed I'd buy an aftermarket removable fairing, like a Woody's, for even more versatility. I haven't gotten that fairing yet, but I'm saving my nickels to do so.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:29 PM
deezlux
Stage III

I tested several touring models and ended up going with the 2010 Steet Glide, I've not ridden a better handling bike. I bought the king tour pak detachible. I considered the Ultra and the RG but ended with the Street Glide, once I road it I knew it was the one for me...

Old 11-14-2009, 02:23 PM
take 5
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
For two up the Road King without a doubt. Much more comfy even one up but dont take my word for it. Go test them out.
I probably will ride 2-up more then solo, just want a comfy ride for the wife. She doesn't care which one as long as she's comfotable. Have a dyna now and not so good for 2-up, but like it for the solo riding. Can't afford 2 bikes, wish I could.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Both are great rides. Personally I prefer the SG, but I'm not bias at all!

Old 11-14-2009, 03:18 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by take 5
I probably will ride 2-up more then solo, just want a comfy ride for the wife. She doesn't care which one as long as she's comfotable. Have a dyna now and not so good for 2-up, but like it for the solo riding. Can't afford 2 bikes, wish I could.
I honestly think your wife will be more comfy on the Road King. Mine is anyway. The Street Glide by design is sleeker than the Road King. If you put a big nice comfortable seat on a Street Glide and passenger floorboards it kinda takes away from that sleek streamlined design IMO where as with the Road King it adds to the big plush and comfortable ride. I have a softail custom too so I know what you mean about the two up experience. Its just not very good for a long ride with two up. Thats why i went with a Road King for the OL. She has rhumatoid arthritis and with the sundowner seat and backrest and passenger floorboards she can ride comfortably all day. Hope this helps but if you can you should take your wife to test ride both. Im quite sure she will like the King better.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think there is one better than the other for 2 up. I have owned both. They are both great touring bikes, just depends on personal preference. I have a detachable tour pak as well.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Fitter64
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree on versatility. The Road King windshield easily removes for the cruiser in the wind feeling. On hot days I don't want anything blocking the air.The windshield can be installed for long trips,cold weather and rain. I love my King. Great ride.

Quick Reply: Road king or Street glide, which would you buy?