Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any tips for removing the tourpack on an Ultra????

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 04:26 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default any tips for removing the tourpack on an Ultra????

Hey everyone,

I am having a paint set done for my Ultra and the painter cannot locate a set of unpainted lowers or a tourpack. I am going to remove my lowers(no problem) and tourpack to send in. Does anyone know what all is involved in removing the tourpack from the bike? I'm hoping to still be able to ride the bike while the tourpack is off. Someone told me the wiring can be disconnected at a harness so I should be able to still ride the bike(minus the intercom/cb/radio). I am considering installing the quick detach kit for the tourpack and was wondering if the connections are on a new harness or if a bunch of cut/splices are required to be made. Any advice for removing it would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping to have the paint set here after about a month or so.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:31 PM
gearheadfmc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my '03, it was 4 screws mounting the box to the frame. So that was simple. Just pull out the liner of the box. Then I had 5 cable harnesses - one for radio, one for CB, one for lights and 2 for speakers. They all route through 2 rubber grommets that just pop out of the box. When my box is off, I just tuck the cable under the seat in the space around the tank, battery and side panels

Old 11-12-2009, 04:42 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

4 screws on the bottom of the tour pak, the speakers unplug( pull on the speaker wire near the speaker), the antennas unplug inside the tour pak. All that's left is the tour pak rack which will look really screwy without the tour pak on it. So you can remove the rack.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:14 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll probably try to remove it this Sunday and get it sent off Monday.