Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Wheel Exchange - Who's done it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:14 PM
army_sarge
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chrome Wheel Exchange - Who's done it?

I'm considering sending my stock UC wheels off to get chromed this winter and would like to get some feed back from anyone who has done this. I would like to here both positive and negative experiences. How does the chrome hold up?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
rags
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't do the exchange but sent my set of wheels to Impress Plating & Polishing and couldn't be happier with the finished product. That was last winter. Their price was fair and they were offering the best warranty at that time.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:28 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I actually sent MY wheels to have them chromed instead of the exchange. (Because I knew where they'd been, and whats been done to them). It's been over 3+ years, and I don't have a chip, scratch, ding, or any peeling anywhere. And I put a ton of miles on my bike. Wash, and blow dry. That's it! They did an outstanding job, and I couldn't be happier if I'd bought new wheels. In fact I'm more pleased after hearing the horror stories of Harley's chrome peeling, and chipping after 12-18 months. I used ChromeProsPlating.com out of Corpus Christi, TX. I have NO affiliation with them other than I'm just one happy customer among many. Oh, and the cost was $550 for both wheels + my shipping costs. I paid to ship em down, and they paid to ship em back. Fast, thorough, and excellent product. Just one more opinion among the many you'll get.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:15 AM
HDJOE60
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the exchange with Chrome Pros. wheels look good , been 4 years now and no problems

Old 11-10-2009, 06:28 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Couple ?'s about Chrome pros plating. Did you have to take out your bearings or do they? If they do, do they put in new bearings?

Old 11-10-2009, 06:50 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by smokindave
Couple ?'s about Chrome pros plating. Did you have to take out your bearings or do they? If they do, do they put in new bearings?
If the wheels arrive with bearings they will take them out and charge you to do it. I do not think they install them either. Call them they are easy to deal with

Old 11-10-2009, 06:52 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I bought the Chrome and Black HD Ultra Limited wheels for a 20% off sale at the dealer. Sold my stockers for $300 so I got both wheels for about $500 plus the install kits. I took what I needed out of the install kits and sold the rest so they only cost about $50 for both..

Old 11-10-2009, 06:52 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Did chrome pros exchange... they send them without bearings... you send your without bearings.. the bearings are easy to beat out with a 3/8" extention since they are ruined after removal anyways

Old 11-10-2009, 07:28 AM
kmmcgra
Tourer

Used Impress via ebay. No problems and very happy.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Boatman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

used www.willyshiny.com and am happy with the chrome and the fast credit of old wheel core charge. He also does the r&r of the wheel bearings if need be. Chrome wheels I received already had the bearings in them as I requested.

Quick Reply: Chrome Wheel Exchange - Who's done it?