Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:05 PM
RGChick
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide

I Have been reading about different Windshields on a Roadglides for a while now but just have a quick question.

I just traded in my nightster for an 2010 Roadglide Custom. Im 5'9" and the bike feels very comfortable. Even the stock wind deflector(cuz its not much of a shield) is fairly tolerable. I have read alot of people complaints with the various windshields and its all kind of overwhelming really. Maybe it doesnt seem as bad to me since I just came from riding a bike that didnt have a windshield. Either way I dont know where to start.

The stock shield isnt too bad, no buffeting w/ or w/o a helmet. there is some wind noise but I can still hear the stereo unless its a headwind then it gets drowned out. I am considering a 12" Klockwerks but am concerned about windnoise from the sides of the windshield and about what tint would be appropriate. I like how the tinted screen looks but not sure about how hard it is to see through it at night. Any help would be appreciated.

Natalie

Old 11-08-2009, 10:11 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a friend with a Road Glide who swears by his Clearview recurve.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Kilo6
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 12 inch clear Klock Werks on my 07 RG and like it a lot. I'm 5'6" so it fits me well; moderate wind noise, good forward field of view. When I ride over 50 mph the stereo gets drowned out but that happend with my stock windshield also. I also find that I rarely look throught the windshield, just over the top. I bought the 12" KWs for riding around town.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:49 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 12" KW with the lowers as well. I love it. Minimal wind with no buffeting. I think it has a really sleek curve and compliments the road glide lines personally. Mine is smoked and I can see fine over it....but I'm 5'11"....you should be fine too. You're not looking through this shield.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:52 PM
bignateLA
Cruiser

I'm about 5'7 or so and see over the top of mine fine...with the stock chield I was looking half over & half through...kinda irritating after a while. No complaints about the KW shield.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:04 PM
RGChick
Intermediate

Thanks for the replies guys! I checked out the clearview and the cee baileys; im sure they work great but they dont really do much for me. I think the KW compliments the looks of the bike the best. Im not really bothered by the short shield so I guess if nothing else I can always go back. thanks for the advice!

Old 11-08-2009, 11:30 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RGChick
Thanks for the replies guys! I checked out the clearview and the cee baileys; im sure they work great but they dont really do much for me. I think the KW compliments the looks of the bike the best. Im not really bothered by the short shield so I guess if nothing else I can always go back. thanks for the advice!
I mentioned the Clearview because my friend with the Road Glide preferred it to the Klock Werks.

You shouldn’t be bothered by wind noise, I have a six inch KW on my Street Glide and I don’t get a lot of wind noise and I don’t get battered. Which is good enough for me, it is a motorcycle so I don’t want to be protected to the point that I feel like I’m in a car.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:31 AM
xtremechopper
Cruiser

I am running the 12" KW now also. I tried the 8" and the 16" first. The 8" is great around town but you do get a ton of wind noise on the highway. Not bad for short distance but for a couple of hours and it tends to get to you. The 16" was great in cold weather and wind protection but I was partially seeing through it when sitting normal on the bike and it really screws you up so went with the 12" this past weekend and it seems to be the best. I can see over it without a problem and it offers decent wind protection.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:13 AM
RGChick
Intermediate

Ive been searchin the old threads on the windshields and it seems like most people forget that they are riding a motorcycle. I think if I didnt have atleast some wind, it wouldnt be as much fun. Granted I dont really want to be beat to death or anything... I think im gonna try to 12" and see how she goes.

I really dont notice much turbulent air comin up from under the fairing like people are taliin about. is this mostly at highway speeds? By changing the shield up top will that effect how the bottom of the fairing acts in the wind?

Natalie

Old 11-09-2009, 09:08 AM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wind wasn't the problem for me with the KW, it really did a pretty good job with that for it's size. it was the wind noise that killed it for me it was LOUD, but I am 6'2" so I was to tall for it I'm afraid, it was an awesome looking shield though! If you're under 5'10" I think you'll like it fine! I'll have a Dark Gray Cee Bailey's 15" Euro for sale soon as my new one comes in if any one might need one $90 plus shipping
Here's pic's of it on the Dragon, 2nd best looking shield for a Shark Nose IMHO!

Attached Thumbnails 12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide-img_2714.jpg   12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide-img_2715-1.jpg   12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide-img_2716-1.jpg  

Quick Reply: 12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide