Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 01:02 PM
dowright
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks very much. I am 6'0" and wear a full face 100% after laying down a 749s and sliding down the asphalt at 40 mph. Guy ran a stop sign.
Anyway, I think I'll order both the 12" and the 8". I can sell the one I don't want.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:38 PM
dowright
4th Gear

Pastor John, what is the solution for long tours? A Victory Jackpot was my Honda Gold Wing. I hope God forgave me for selling my Road King. I agree, if Jesus rode a mc, it would be a Road Glide. Thanks for the wisdom!

Old 03-14-2010, 05:33 PM
dowright
4th Gear

Thanks. Mine is vivid black. I have added V & H Duke VO2 and Hi Output 2:1. The air cleaner really woke the motor up. I have since installed one on a friends 09 Street Glide. He can't quit talking about it. I may take it off so he will. LOL. Thanks again. I am ordering the 12" tinted.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Dowright, I finally ended up with a Clearview at stock height. It's been a good solution, especially paired with the fairing lowers.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Rakeman
Intermediate

This thread has been real helpful in making my decision on a new screen. Dennis seems to have the most experience in buying screens from all the major players on his way cool Roadrod.
Most guys seem unhappy when they try to go LOWWW. I am not tall 5 11" and I see over my stock 07 RG which I measured at 14.5" and see over it way easy. If Windvest truly gives you 4-6" of deflection the 14" should work good for all people of similar size to me. I have a secondary issue since I just put an Ultra type seat on the bike to raise my wife up to see over my head. I don't want to fix my problem then make her life miserable. I bought this bike to tour so at 80mph speeds I want to be happy. Anyone work with this combo before I make the call to order this. I also hear the the gunsmoke was too dark what tint adds some bling without being black.
Tim

Old 03-16-2010, 05:31 PM
usturbine
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rakeman
This thread has been real helpful in making my decision on a new screen. Dennis seems to have the most experience in buying screens from all the major players on his way cool Roadrod.
Most guys seem unhappy when they try to go LOWWW. I am not tall 5 11" and I see over my stock 07 RG which I measured at 14.5" and see over it way easy. If Windvest truly gives you 4-6" of deflection the 14" should work good for all people of similar size to me. I have a secondary issue since I just put an Ultra type seat on the bike to raise my wife up to see over my head. I don't want to fix my problem then make her life miserable. I bought this bike to tour so at 80mph speeds I want to be happy. Anyone work with this combo before I make the call to order this. I also hear the the gunsmoke was too dark what tint adds some bling without being black.
Tim
Tim

My wife sits about 2-3 inches higher on the RoadRod. That's why I went with the 14 inch recurve Windvest. She now doesn't get any of the wind buffeting and helmet lift we experienced with the other shields I reviewed. I am 5.7 and see about 2 inches over the 14 inch.

I have the Gunsmoke on mine and like it. I had a clear and a light Tint Clearview and the National had a blended Black from the bottom to about mid way. The Gunsmoke is about in-between the light smoke and the dark black. I can see thru it easily during the day time but it has limited night viewing. That's why I like to be able to look over it and not get the wind blast in my face.

There is a post here on 2010 RG with the Light Tint Windvest on it with a pic.

Dennis

Old 03-16-2010, 06:22 PM
makstv5
Banned
Default Just got the same one

Originally Posted by g money
MOCO has a new 12" smoked windshield for Road Glides. Called the wind splitter. Part #57166-10. Looks like the klock werks but without the big flare. I just put one on my bike, but with 3 feet of snow can't try it out. Price is $159.95, then with a 20% discount from chicago or zanottis, comes down to around $128. Might be worth a try.
Gary D.
Hoping its going to be a little better than the 2010 one. Its only 9 1/4 '' above the speedo and the 12'' Windvest is 12'' above on the 2010s. Nothings simple. I had my fairing off and have those radio bracket wear marks 140 miles on the bike haven't even hit a pothole yet. Thats all taken care of now thanks to this forum and you. Thanks

Old 03-16-2010, 08:24 PM
hawgnoggin
Novice

+1 on the the 14" Windvest shield. I debated between getting the 12" or 14", ultimately deciding on the 14". I have been extremely pleased with its performance. I originally started with an 8" KW as replacement for the stocker, and as others have stated, the KW is a great looking shield but the wind "noise" made it unbearable for me on longer rides. I'm 6'2" and the 14" WV greatly reduced the air turbulence/noise that was present with the stocker and the KW.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:33 PM
captsam54
Road Master
Thumbs up

Windvest 14 recurve Gunsmoke...!!! My bike cam with the stock 16".. blocked the wind, but could not see over it..!! Fogged up too.. So I started shopping for a new one.. I went thru a Windsplitter...Nice looking but too low... Then I went with the 12" Windvest.. I ordered it over the phone.. and their tech suggested the 12" recurve for my height (5'11") and my Mustang solo seat.. I wanted to go with the 14" but went with what he said..

Well 5 days later it arrived and put it on the bike.. Nice.. But too short.. Still windy and my glasses were floating etc.

So I called Marilyn up and told here what was going on.. She said send the 12" back and she would send out a 14".. Great.. She put it on expedite because I was going on a 600 mile trip that Friday..

Promised it by Thursday.. Well Thursday came around.. nothing from UPS... I called her back up and asked what happened,, She put me on hold for a bit then came back and said the shipping dept screwed up and sent it ground.. LOL...

Well she said it was her fault and would overnight me one and it would be here by 10 am.. NO COST TO ME..!!

SURE ENOUGH.. 10 AM THE NEW 14" GUNSMOKE ARRIVED..!!

She said refuse the the one when it comes (I did) and all is good.. I don't expect any charges except maybe the 1st shipping charge..and maybe not even that..

Love them at Windvest. I have used their shields on other bikes and am impressed w/ the thickness, fit and finish.. I would defiantly buy another from them again..!!!

Attached Thumbnails 12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide-dsc09350.jpg   12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide-dsc09361.jpg  
Old 04-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm very happy with the 12" klockwerks tint windshield!

I'm 5'7" and it's perfect for me...

Attached Thumbnails 12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide-cimg0030.jpg   12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide-cimg0080.jpg  

Quick Reply: 12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide