Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 06:05 PM
xtremechopper
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta agree with the wind comment. This is my first windshield and it took some getting used to. My big problem with the short windshield was on the highway for a long distance. It wasn't bad at all for a short putt on the highway but for anything longer than an hour it was bad. This was only the wind noise not the wind itself. I wasn't getting beat up at all from the wind but the noise from the wind was bad. With that being said, I am still going to be using the short windshield most of the time but switch out to the 12" when the weather gets bad or I plan on doing a long distance highway ride. The reason why I bought a bagger was for the comfort, I paid my dues for over 20 years on choppers and bobbers and now I want to just sit back and enjoy the ride and tunes.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:10 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 618 Likes on 425 Posts
Default Wind Vest for Road Glides

May want to check this out. I have been thinking this may just work better than any other at this point for a RG.
http://windvest.com/
Bob

Old 02-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Rakeman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RGChick
Ive been searchin the old threads on the windshields and it seems like most people forget that they are riding a motorcycle. I think if I didnt have atleast some wind, it wouldnt be as much fun. Granted I dont really want to be beat to death or anything... I think im gonna try to 12" and see how she goes.

I really dont notice much turbulent air comin up from under the fairing like people are taliin about. is this mostly at highway speeds? By changing the shield up top will that effect how the bottom of the fairing acts in the wind?

Natalie
07 RG's and newer like mine have a deflector under the fairing to keep the wind from coming up. Those who have Electraglides of any year can use this same part, it's cheap.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:36 AM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Garemlin stated this data base on RG windshield heights. You may want to look at it as different manufacturers measure their windshields differently.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ost-yours.html

The well nuts are pretty good as long as you don't over tighten them. Snug the middle and work your way out. Do it a couple of times and you should be good. Just don't over do it.

I like the looks of the KW, but I need the windshield for protection as well as wind. I only wear a Bennie while I ride or no helmet at all. If you wear a 3/4 or FF, the wind and buffering will be drastically different.

The little shield on the 10's look cool, but unless you want the wind to beat the crap out of you, or wear a FF, that's about all it does.... look cool.

Seats and a person's torso measurements play into it as well. Someone 6'1 with a 34 inseam is going to get a different feel of how a shield works for them than a 6'1 person with a 38 inseam.

Personal preference and where most of your miles come from will help dictate the shield you should get.

Lots to read of the forums about them.You may go through about 4 or 5 before you find the one for you. It's not uncommon that most RG owners change their shields eventually.

Last edited by heywood727; 02-24-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:47 AM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh ya... lowers will do a lot for the buffering as well.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:09 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
Wind wasn't the problem for me with the KW, it really did a pretty good job with that for it's size. it was the wind noise that killed it for me it was LOUD, but I am 6'2" so I was to tall for it I'm afraid, it was an awesome looking shield though! If you're under 5'10" I think you'll like it fine! I'll have a Dark Gray Cee Bailey's 15" Euro for sale soon as my new one comes in if any one might need one $90 plus shipping
Here's pic's of it on the Dragon, 2nd best looking shield for a Shark Nose IMHO!
Ditto!

I will agreed that the 12" KW looks great on the shark nose, but if your over 6', it doesn't cut the mustard!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:35 AM
eathomps
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 12" tinted flare windshield that I'll sell for $80 plus shipping if anyone is looking for one.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:32 AM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

MOCO has a new 12" smoked windshield for Road Glides. Called the wind splitter. Part #57166-10. Looks like the klock werks but without the big flare. I just put one on my bike, but with 3 feet of snow can't try it out. Price is $159.95, then with a 20% discount from chicago or zanottis, comes down to around $128. Might be worth a try.
Gary D.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:48 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by RGChick
I just traded in my nightster for an 2010 Roadglide Custom.
..... welcome to the 'Secret Society of the Sharknose', Natalie.
... There's no club-handshake, but be ready for the knowing nods.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Foley
Cruiser

I have hogg chopps lowers and a Large Clearview. I get absolutely no buffeting or wind noise. I can also here my stereo perfectly at 75-80 on the highway. I've tried the 15" Cee-Baileys, 6" KW and went back to the stock one after those didn't cut it. Then I bit the bullet and bought the clearview. They may not look the best, but you can't beat them.

Quick Reply: 12" Klock Werks on a Road Glide