Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang One-Piece Wide Regal Touring Seat on an Electra Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009 | 07:02 PM
Ferggie
|
Advanced
Default Mustang One-Piece Wide Regal Touring Seat on an Electra Glide?

Has anyone installed a Mustang One-Piece Wide Regal Touring Seat on their Electra Glide. I have a 2010 EG limted and the seat sucks. I am not a small guy and am looking fro a wider seat that has the confort for the long rides not like the POS stock seat that is only good for bar hopping.

Old 11-08-2009 | 08:39 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member

freind of mine has one on his 06 loves it he used to use an airhawk then a gel pad now just the seat.

Old 11-09-2009 | 11:17 AM
scjhawkfan
Novice

I put one on my 06, The wife and I can ride all day. Rode up to Gettysburg in July and could of rode further.

Old 11-09-2009 | 12:07 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Have had the same on on our '04 EGC & transferred it over to the '07 EGC when we bought it. Matter of fact, took wife for a short ride(30 - 40 miles) on stock seat and first words out of her mouth were "You are putting the Mustang on here, right?"

Words of information about the seat from my experience:

1. When new, the seat is like sitting on a rock. I thought "WTF? I really screwed up here." when I first got it. Takes about 1,000 miles to get broken in. Now it's good for 400 - 500 mile days(for me). Wife a little less but she rides less than I do.

2. They claim narrower nose so feet can fit on ground better. I really didn't notice and think it's a little wider than stock. With stock, I could flatfoot when stopped. With Mustang, it's harder to do and gets harder as the soles on boots wear down.

3. Some people claim it pushes you forward some. Then others say they seem to be sitting back farther. Different butts for same seat.

Would I get another Mustang if in market for another seat(when this one finally needs to be replaced - already 50K miles on it w/ 2 bikes)? Hell, yes. Wife loves this seat and would never ride on stock seat(as it is) again.

You might want to check with www.meancitycycles.com(sponsor here) about what they can do for you. The cost will be probably be less than a Mustang and from feedback, there is about 99% customer satisfaction(same kind of percentage from people who've tried Mustang seats). Some have even sent the seat a couple of times to have it fine-tuned and were very satisfied with the work on the seat and customer service. I have the stock seat from our current bike & thought about sending it off so I could have 2 seats to choose from.

But I'm happy with the Mustang and don't want to spring for the extra cash.

Old 11-09-2009 | 12:46 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master

Originally Posted by Unome
Words of information about the seat from my experience:

1. When new, the seat is like sitting on a rock. I thought "WTF? I really screwed up here." when I first got it. Takes about 1,000 miles to get broken in. Now it's good for 400 - 500 mile days(for me). Wife a little less but she rides less than I do.

2. They claim narrower nose so feet can fit on ground better. I really didn't notice and think it's a little wider than stock. With stock, I could flatfoot when stopped. With Mustang, it's harder to do and gets harder as the soles on boots wear down.

3. Some people claim it pushes you forward some. Then others say they seem to be sitting back farther. Different butts for same seat.

Would I get another Mustang if in market for another seat(when this one finally needs to be replaced - already 50K miles on it w/ 2 bikes)? Hell, yes. Wife loves this seat and would never ride on stock seat(as it is) again.
I totally agree with items 1 & 3. When my seat was new it felt nothing like the Mustang on my '84. After a few thousand miles it is now perfect. If only I could get it to stop absorbing rain water.

Old 11-09-2009 | 12:50 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by notlost_nc
I totally agree with items 1 & 3. When my seat was new it felt nothing like the Mustang on my '84. After a few thousand miles it is now perfect. If only I could get it to stop absorbing rain water.
Oops. I left that one off.

#4 Yeah, sitting outside over night in the rain is good for 2 - 3 days of wet butt.