Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which cup holder

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:24 AM
cemax12000
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which cup holder

I am looking for a decent looking cup holder, not something that looks like it came from pep boys. I have seen a couple of chrome and black ones but do not know where to get one. Living in Arizona, it is very important to keep hydrated and carry water. Any suggestions?

Old 07-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....
Old 07-10-2006, 03:15 AM
wldhogn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: which cup holder

Here's another choice: Kruzer Kaddy

Old 07-10-2006, 06:03 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I put the Roadrunner on my Ultra. Found a larger cup for it for my coffee in the mornings. and it holds most paper cups from the fast food joints. A large or medium fits well and makes it easy to handle, refill, and I don't have to carry a cup when I don't want to.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Mikebiker
Cruiser

thanks for the question!!! I have a 3000+ mile trip coming next month and I was also wondering which of the cup holders out there were any good. MAN! I love this forum!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2006, 12:30 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

I bought one of the chrome Kruzer Kaddies from a local bike shop. It is a good compromise between better-than-plastic cup holders and the exhorbitant (IMHO) price for the chrome ring cup holder ($80!). The Kruzer Kaddy was only $39 at a local shop, but I encountered a problem on the first long ride this past weekend: The cup holder rotates when you have a full bottle of water in it -- due to road vibration and the vib's from the bike. I'm currently awaiting solution suggestions from mfr., but until that time, I either keep a smaller bottle of water in the holder (8 oz. bottle of Ozarka) or drink 1/3 of the larger bottles so they aren't top-heavy.

But it looks good on the bike...

Tod

Old 07-10-2006, 02:07 PM
suicide441
Cruiser

I have one of these bottleholder on my RG. I have Heritage handlebars so they are a bit higher than stock and it holds 20oz beverage bottles and standard water bottles. It is a clamp-on unit. It can also be mounted on crash bars. I am happy with it and have ridden about 20k mi with it.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

These are good looking holders, I like the KruzerCaddie, however, the best, however the ugliest, is the Baker Mug. This thing will keep water and ice cold for hours....also the Ram mug holder is another good, but ugly one.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Barefoot *******.............................

Old 07-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Rodent
Road Master

I use the saddlebag guard bag and just replace th3e water bottle with a flip top coffee tumbler type of mug for in the morning, then toss it in the tour pack and switch over to the water bottle for the afternoon ride. No complaints at all. You can get a stainless tumbler at any Meijer store. I don't like too much stuff mounted on the handlebars.

Quick Reply: which cup holder