Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Good Deals Dealers going Bust

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Kumite
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Clearly they can not charge the same 15% to their customers on financing.... that means that they are making it on the vehicle sales side.. We always suspected that HD was overpriced for what you got and now they have to be just to break even.

But to each his own.

R. Todd

Old 11-08-2009, 06:33 PM
woodeyewetzel
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealers

What is wrong with headquarters that they cannot see that a Harley is a luxury for most people and not the only means of transportation we have to use. It is hard right now for most of us to make such a large purchase without getting some kind of a discount. As you noted the showrooms are full of 2008and 2009 models and all they are offering is about 2 to 3% off

Old 11-08-2009, 06:41 PM
harleyman1340
Cruiser

I guess the dealers in Atlanta aren't that hungry. My wife is getting me a XM module for Christmas so she called the dealer that I recently spent over $20k with for an Ultra and asked if they would match the 20% discount offered by Chicago Harley. They told her they did not have one in stock and would have to order it ANDDDD she would have to pre pay and would NOT give her a 20% discount. I guess that no profit is better that some profit. Makes no sense because they didn't have to cash flow this purchase either. I learned in Econ 101 that price is a function of supply and demand, no wonder I made a C in the class.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:57 PM
johnu
Cruiser

A dealership could be more diplomatic and win some business rather then automaticly toss it to the internet by being "butt heads". They are their own enemy by their hard nosed and caloused approach to a consumer who's offering to do business with them and is giving them a chance before they go home and hit the "send" button
How many of you totally avoid your local shops for accessories? Dealers cry the internet is unfair. Sure it is and we understand you have a brick building to pay for but we vote with our wallets and if you don't give a damm about your local consumer why should they give a damm about you.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Kumite
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suspect things will continue to change. HArley can not afford to have an indifferent attitude much longer. THat applies to the Moco and the dealers

but to each his own.

R. Todd

Old 11-08-2009, 07:13 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think any of us is asking for $5K discount, we're asking for $500 to $1K off of MSRP! The economy is bad for everyone, not just businesses. HD dealers are still acting like they are doing us a favor by selling at MSRP!

I went in to buy a Street Glide yesterday with a check in hand, and they would not come of MSRP plus all the other highway robbery charges, with a floor overfilled with new 2008s, 2009s and 2010s.

I told them to go pound sand.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:28 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by johnu
A dealership could be more diplomatic and win some business rather then automaticly toss it to the internet by being "butt heads". They are their own enemy by their hard nosed and caloused approach to a consumer who's offering to do business with them and is giving them a chance before they go home and hit the "send" button
How many of you totally avoid your local shops for accessories? Dealers cry the internet is unfair. Sure it is and we understand you have a brick building to pay for but we vote with our wallets and if you don't give a damm about your local consumer why should they give a damm about you.
Unless someone corrects me; all of the 20% off dealers are brick as well in their home town; they just choose to take advantage of a huge aftermaket that most local dealers choose to ignore.