Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide rear fender on a UC

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 03:42 AM
bcane98
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Street Glide rear fender on a UC

Does the '09 FLHX have the brake light at the bottom of the fairing like in the '10?

If so, will the rear fender of the '10 Street Glide work on an '09 UC?

I assume since the FLHX and the FLHTCU are from the same family, I also assume the rear fender from the FLHX will bolt right up...

See I like the tail light at the bottom of the fender, so I would like to swap them out if possible.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:32 AM
knepp1bj
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should work together. I have an 08 SG and dad has 08 UC and he liked the light as well so he had put on and looks great. Only diff is mine color matched and his chrome. Hope that helps a little bit.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:23 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by bcane98
Does the '09 FLHX have the brake light at the bottom of the fairing like in the '10?

If so, will the rear fender of the '10 Street Glide work on an '09 UC?

I assume since the FLHX and the FLHTCU are from the same family, I also assume the rear fender from the FLHX will bolt right up...

See I like the tail light at the bottom of the fender, so I would like to swap them out if possible.
You want an 09 Street glide or Road Glide fender and the street glide fender extension +tri bar light. If you try to use a '10 fender it is not going to have the stock brake light mount/hole. Now you could use an '10 fender if you also buy the new '10 street glide turnsignal brake light bar...

lp

Old 11-07-2009, 08:14 AM
bcane98
Road Captain

Well I was just looking at the back of my bike again... I imagine if I remove the lower light and trim from my fender I could probably get away with just adding the fender extender and fillers right?...

Sorry if this is a repeat question...

Old 11-07-2009, 08:37 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by bcane98
Well I was just looking at the back of my bike again... I imagine if I remove the lower light and trim from my fender I could probably get away with just adding the fender extender and fillers right?...

Sorry if this is a repeat question...
Close. You'd need to do something about the three holes through the fender that the present light thing attaches with. The SG fender extender does not cover those.

lp

Old 11-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Watch eBay,Craigslist or the classifieds, sooner or later someone will be selling a complete assembly. sometimes to do custom work, or maybe they are triking a bike or they are parting out a wreck.
I bought mine complete with lights, license plate mount and turn signals for $350ish.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:19 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I've seen, the SG light in the rear fascia for the 09's and down do not act as a brake light. Same with the wiring. It's a simple 2 prong connection. The light does not have a dual filment so it will act no differently than the running light on fender now.

You might want to check with your local laws. Here in Canada we can not get the same tail light set up as the States. The tail light/ brake light, has to be so far off the ground. We get ripped off the cool back ends and have to settle with the "Witches Wart" tail light.

Hate to see go through all that for nothing. Your in Germany?? Long way to get parts. They may not let you take it off the base.

Last edited by heywood727; 11-07-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:30 PM
SMOKEin
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heywood727
As far as I've seen, the SG light in the rear fascia for the 09's and down do not act as a brake light. Same with the wiring. It's a simple 2 prong connection. The light does not have a dual filment so it will act no differently than the running light on fender now.

You might want to check with your local laws. Here in Canada we can not get the same tail light set up as the States. The tail light/ brake light, has to be so far off the ground. We get ripped off the cool back ends and have to settle with the "Witches Wart" tail light.

Hate to see go through all that for nothing. Your in Germany?? Long way to get parts. They may not let you take it off the base.
I dont mean to seem like im chasing your post's and contradicting

The stock 09 tribar is running only. When you are adding the SG facia and trim you will buy the (09 and earlier model) tinted run/brake upgrade version. Plug and play. Total cost for entier mod is under $200.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:35 PM
wolfman 66
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 09 SG the Tribar is a brake light on mine.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:45 PM
bcane98
Road Captain

Heywood... Yup I am in Germany, USAF stationed here, so most rules don't apply... Our bikes and cars are inspected on base, so the only thing they truly care about is noise... 90db

Smokin... I was thinking about swapping out the whole rear light setup as well... plug and play sounds so much easier too

Quick Reply: Street Glide rear fender on a UC