Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bag Liners

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 07:05 PM
newbietroller
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bag Liners

Are the bag liners the same size for a Road King and an Electra Glide? I've searched the entire HD site and can't find the answer. thanks

Old 11-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Same same as long as we're comparing apples to apples i.e. hardbags... NOT leather.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:18 PM
doctorharrison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default And you can get them for less here...

Go onto ebay, find the ebay store for "cruiserbackrest" ; search for "Bestem" liners.

They are HD knockoffs, exactly the correct size and for much less. And yes, they do transfer between models as long as they are the standard HD hard saddlebags.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:07 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts
Old 11-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Terrific Pacific
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone make them for the leather RKC bags?
Maybe the hard bags on will work with some persuasion?
Thanks...

Old 11-07-2009, 10:22 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 673 Likes on 537 Posts

u can interchang but the fit isnt perfect ive got the old set from my rkc and used them on the ultra by mistake the leather ones are just a bit smaller.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:02 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I got a set when I purchased my bike, and have never used them. Can't figure out why I ever would use them. Maybe I'm missing out on something here. (No, I don't want to sell them since they came with the bike.)

P.S. Saw a guy get off an airplane Thursday and he was carrying one of the liners as his "carry-on" luggage. Funny how this topic comes up all of a sudden.

Last edited by mike5511; 11-07-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:10 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,377 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by doctorharrison
Go onto ebay, find the ebay store for "cruiserbackrest" ; search for "Bestem" liners.

They are HD knockoffs, exactly the correct size and for much less. And yes, they do transfer between models as long as they are the standard HD hard saddlebags.
i'm not a harley everything kinda guy, but you can get the saddlebag liners from zanotti's for $34.00 while the ones that you reference were at buy it now for $41.00.

when you're looking for the liners, there are 3 different ones, the ones for the road king leather bags, the ones for the road king custom hard leather bags, and then the ones for the abs hard bags.

for the abs hard bags, the part number is: 91885-97A

Originally Posted by mike5511
I got a set when I purchased my bike, and have never used them. Can't figure out why I ever would use them. Maybe I'm missing out on something here. (No, I don't want to sell them since they came with the bike.)

P.S. Saw a guy get off an airplane Thursday and he was carrying one of the liners as his "carry-on" luggage. Funny how this topic comes up all of a sudden.
well, there you go. maybe you wouldn't use them as carry on, but obviously they work for that. i like to use them on trips. load up everything in the liner, when you get to your destination, just pull the liner out, and carry it into your hotel room. now you have an empty saddlebag and you aren't toting your drawers all over town while you're riding around.

Last edited by skratch; 11-07-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Terrific Pacific
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zanotti's
Anybody got a link for their website? The one I found is old...
Thanks....you can PM or just post here....Sorry for hijacking the thread.....

Old 11-08-2009, 05:26 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,868 Likes on 2,430 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skratch
i like to use them on trips. load up everything in the liner, when you get to your destination, just pull the liner out, and carry it into your hotel room. now you have an empty saddlebag and you aren't toting your drawers all over town while you're riding around.
We have the factory set, simply because they were the easiest to find at the time. Been using them for several years now. Also have a factory bag that fits on the Tourpak carrier, so a full set of four!

Like you we don't camp and prefer a roof over our heads. Much more cool to carry zipped handbags than struggle with armsfull of stuff.

Quick Reply: Bag Liners