Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Trough Glove box locking covers!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009 | 06:16 PM
Scubamike
|
Road Captain
Default Hog Trough Glove box locking covers!

Hey Guy's,

Have any of you tried these locking covers for the gloveboxes on the HD lowers? I just installed lowers on my 09 SG and was thinking about these with the cup holder as I do not want a cup holder on my handlebars. Let me know what you think.
http://www.hogtrough.com/index.php?p...mart&Itemid=53

Attached Thumbnails Hog Trough Glove box locking covers!-ultra_classic_lo_4a23ef3f972ca.jpg  
Old 11-05-2009 | 06:20 PM
mtnbikerx
Tourer

Sorry to hijack the thread, but i'm real close to ordering the hard lowers for my Street Glide, how do you like em?

Old 11-05-2009 | 06:23 PM
slankard
Cruiser

I bought the "whole hog" set from them for my 2007 Ultra and I love them!!

Old 11-05-2009 | 06:39 PM
Scubamike
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mtnbikerx
Sorry to hijack the thread, but i'm real close to ordering the hard lowers for my Street Glide, how do you like em?

No worries about the thread hijack. I like them so far but have only had a couple of short rides with them so a little to early to tell. I know I will get flamed for this but since I have a vivid black SG I purchased a set off ebay that are actually HD knock offs made in you guessed it China but for $299 shipped they are great and I do not plan to run them year round and even if I did they look great. If I had to have them painted to match I would have just spent the money to buy the HD ones as the paint quality is way better. I had just spent over a $1000 to put the HD tourpak on the bike and $689 for the fuel moto stage one so my funds are a little down. My only other concern is I would check that you SEAC would not interfere with the lowers since I think it sits farther forward than the football cover.

Old 11-05-2009 | 06:42 PM
Scubamike
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by slankard
I bought the "whole hog" set from them for my 2007 Ultra and I love them!!
Thanks for the response, I am looking for x-mas gift ideas and I ran accross these and thought they looked pretty cool. Since I have spent so much already this year I might have to tone it down till the new year but I have the bike just about where I want it.

Old 11-05-2009 | 06:49 PM
tn_chopper_man
Road Captain

I've got em' and like em'. I was not interested in the drink holder.
So I just have the lockable covers. $99.00 includes shipping.

Old 11-05-2009 | 06:57 PM
hamnhog
Cruiser

I bought the Whole Hog set, also. Works just great. I carried the drink cup around for three days because I kept forgetting to remove it. Never got in the way and never seemed in danger of being lost. Doors are substantial. Cost me $15 each to have them keyed to my bike (bummer).

Old 11-05-2009 | 08:07 PM
wkenddad
Tourer

I purchased the full kit.
One plain right cover and one plain left and one cup holder.
The sport bottle that fits the cup holder is okay, but the coffee cup is a bad idea.
I tried using it once and ended up with coffee all over my left leg and the left side of the engine.
Nice fit and simple to install.

Old 11-05-2009 | 08:35 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

I purchased a set of fairing lower off E-Bay that already had the covers installed. The fit looks to be much better than the Harley version. They didn't come with the cup holder, so I can't speak to how it works but I like the covers very much.

When I purchased the lower, they did not come with locks or keys. I contacted Hog Trough and he set me a set of locks and keys for $10.00 shipped. They weren't keyed to my bike but $10.00 was cheap enough.

I could not find a locksmith locally that would re-key my lock to match but I did find a solution. The police bike saddle bags and the tour-pack use the same lock as the hog trough. Cost me $40.00 dollars to order them keyed to match my bike. Waiting on the to come in.

Old 11-05-2009 | 08:42 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

I saw them on a bike the other day and the only thing I didn't like was the fact that they are not hinged at the bottom, they come all the way off when you open them. That looked kind of unhandy to me.

Quick Reply: Hog Trough Glove box locking covers!