Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Dock

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Jukebox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wheel Dock

I have a small 5'x10' trailer that I use to haul my bike on when I take the whole family on vacation to Cali. This year I would like to install a wheel dock for safty reasons. Can anyone recommend one that won't break the bank? maybe some pics if you have them to show how well it works or how it is installed. Thanks guys.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:34 PM
kpb46
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Jukebox
I have a small 5'x10' trailer that I use to haul my bike on when I take the whole family on vacation to Cali. This year I would like to install a wheel dock for safty reasons. Can anyone recommend one that won't break the bank? maybe some pics if you have them to show how well it works or how it is installed. Thanks guys.
Are you talking about the brand named product "WheelDock" or are you using the name for descriptive purposes only? I have three WheelDocks and use them to fit all the bikes into our modest garage, so I can fairly comment on them. Basically it's a good product with a few minor flaws which to my knowledge, have yet to be addressed. They are easily the easiest to use in terms of getting a bike in-and-out of the dock. As for the flaws? There is this 'arm' that you step on to release the mechanism that holds the tire in place. That 'arm' always comes loose which is a pain in the a$$ because that arm must stay in the 'up' position for it to work right and it just falls down. Conversely, when you want to remove the bike, you must step on that same mechanism so it hits the arm just right so it can be in the 'ready' position for when you wish to store the bike again. Problem is, the mechanism gets jammed "behind" that arm instead of on top of it. These are easy fixes that should have been remedied before final production. I'll fix mine when I have the time to screw around with foolish things in the garage. Oh, and the edges of all the parts used, watch'em, they're sharp and they hurt! Still a good product all things considered. A solid 7-8 on a 10 scale.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:47 PM
OwnerOfHarriet
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed the Harbor Freight Wheel chock on my table lift and am quite pleased with it

Old 11-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Jukebox
Road Master

I was just using the name for descriptive purposes. The Harbor Freight wheel chock looks like it would be just what I need,and the price is perfect. Thanks Kpb46.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:42 AM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have two of the Harbor Freight wheel chocks, one on my lift and one in my trailer. Have used them for a couple of years and they work great. Just lower the front arm to the lower level for a dresser so it will clear the front fender.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:44 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Two from HF with me. Usedthem in March for a Pa to FL trip and worked great. 60 bucks I think. The one with the wide bars for mountiing for a bit more stability.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:52 AM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Haborfreight

Originally Posted by kpb46
Works great and MUCH less expensive

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96349
Will this work on the Electro-Glide with it's front fender?
I'm afraid it would hit or catch on the rear finder ( what ever you call that piece back there ).

Old 11-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 307 Likes on 199 Posts

I have 2 of these from HF
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=97841

work great and HF has a 20% off sale they end up around 47.00
price can't be beat and they work with my EGC, no finder issues.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CruzN
Will this work on the Electro-Glide with it's front fender?
I'm afraid it would hit or catch on the rear finder ( what ever you call that piece back there ).
Yes it will work as long as you put the front rotating cradle in the lower setting.

Quick Reply: Wheel Dock