Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone tell me what this part is called?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 05:13 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Is it Nov 1st or April 1st...........You have to be kidding me!!!!...........

Old 11-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Uh,,,,beep beep

Old 11-01-2009, 06:17 PM
2003Springer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I know, I know, I know Let me tell ya.

That's The "Hickey-Dodger", "Thang-a-ma-gig", The "What-ya-ma-call-it", or may simply be the "you-know"

Old 11-01-2009, 06:18 PM
gunnerglide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just proves all you have to have is the money to buy it. Driving and operating its onboard systems will come with time and expierence if you make it long enough. BTW what's that thingy attached to and behind the toe shifty thingy?

Old 11-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Aslan
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What make was your last bike?

Old 11-01-2009, 06:22 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Two words: Flux capacitor.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:40 PM
dmcdonald
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Omg lol.. Yeah yeah, I realized after the question was answered that I was in for some of the worst forum flaming of my life!

If it wasn't already obvious I don't have a Harley in my garage to inspect, nor have I inspected one close enough to find where the horn is located. I was looking at a picture of a SG that had a custom horn cover and that's when I realized I had no idea what it was covering. Which, by the way, between two hot cylinders is a strange place to put it..

Anyway, I wasn't trying to troll, I honestly was just tired of searching google and forums with no success. And it's a good thing I asked because my search queries were wayyy off.. I thought it had something to do with the intake! I just had to look like an idiot to find the answer that's all..

Thanks again for the answer, and your welcome for the laugh!

Old 11-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Time2Cruise
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heh heh heh, now he thinks it's really the horn.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dmcdonald
Omg lol.. Yeah yeah, I realized after the question was answered that I was in for some of the worst forum flaming of my life!

If it wasn't already obvious I don't have a Harley in my garage to inspect, nor have I inspected one close enough to find where the horn is located. I was looking at a picture of a SG that had a custom horn cover and that's when I realized I had no idea what it was covering. Which, by the way, between two hot cylinders is a strange place to put it..

Anyway, I wasn't trying to troll, I honestly was just tired of searching google and forums with no success. And it's a good thing I asked because my search queries were wayyy off.. I thought it had something to do with the intake! I just had to look like an idiot to find the answer that's all..

Thanks again for the answer, and your welcome for the laugh!
Hey DM, Welcome to the forum!! I like your style.

At first when I saw your question I was thinking either troll or cerebrally challenged and was preparing a sarcastic flame job. But then after your last response I realized that not one single one of us knew what that damn thing was until we found out one way or another. Sometimes a question can be so simple and obvious and honest that it's actually cool.

So welcome again and keep that flame retardant attitude. It will serve you well on this forum.

By the way, I didn’t like the look of the OEM horn cover so I replaced with this.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:25 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,869 Likes on 9,332 Posts

Actually, it is an intake of sorts. The horn, when activated emits a sound. The sound is produced by moving air. The air has to be loaded first and then jetisoned out the of the end of the horn. You still listening?........... The better the intake is tuned, the better your horn will sound. You still following me? Now typically, Harley doesn't install the best performing hardware on their bikes, which leaves a lot of opportunities for the after market product development, I.E. better horns and covers. You still with me?....... Anyway, when you modify the retro encabulators that hold the base emitters of the horn in place, it replicate the earlier version of the sluff scrapers used in the 1930 series of FL models.

Quick Reply: Can anyone tell me what this part is called?