Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Earplugs

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:38 AM
scooby doo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Earplugs

On another thread the topic of ear plugs came up. Thought others might want to know.
I use these on the range shooting all the time so I can vouch for the quality and fit. My wife uses them on her bike and loves them because of the fit and the fact that they are flesh colored so you don't see flashes of pink or yellow from the side.
They have alittle nib you can close off if you want more protection (sometimes when shooting higher calibers) or leave it open and you can hear conversations clear as day.
They come with a little case to carry them in so you don't misplace or loose them. Not expensive at around 10-12 bucks a piece if buying singles. Anyways, thought others might be interested.

http://www.surefire.com/EP3-Sonic-Defenders

Old 11-01-2009, 09:00 AM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are interesting, thanks for the link.

I generally use the foam kind, But i'd like to have a set of molded plugs with earphones for when I travel by myself, I like to listen to Cd's

Old 11-01-2009, 09:13 AM
scooby doo
Tourer

My wife uses them all the time. I tried it once and I ride with a half shell. It cut down on the wind noise and I could still hear my music. Not sure how hard they'll be to track down because I get them through work but she used them for a full season now. Every once in a while she just runs them under hot water (hey, she's a chick) and then they're as good as new.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Taildraggerdave
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Those look like something to try.

Dave

Old 11-01-2009, 09:42 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Those look good, and pretty cheap too.

I have another set I bought last year that has those Hock's Noiseblockers in them, they work great to suppress wind noise, and yet I can still hear the radio and what's around me fine.

Steve

Old 11-01-2009, 09:47 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

We should all wear ear plugs, not just our wives! I have been using them for over thirty years, since reading an article in one of the US bike mags during the 70s. Above 50mph the noise levels we experience can cause permanent hearing loss and in a work environment we would be compelled to wear protection. Here in the UK we can buy the foam type from bike dealers, as well as shooting shops.

We use plugs when driving long distances in the car and every time we fly.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 AM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does anyone know of any clear ones

Old 11-01-2009, 11:13 AM
1stGlide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scooby doo
On another thread the topic of ear plugs came up. Thought others might want to know.
I use these on the range shooting all the time so I can vouch for the quality and fit. My wife uses them on her bike and loves them because of the fit and the fact that they are flesh colored so you don't see flashes of pink or yellow from the side.
They have alittle nib you can close off if you want more protection (sometimes when shooting higher calibers) or leave it open and you can hear conversations clear as day.
They come with a little case to carry them in so you don't misplace or loose them. Not expensive at around 10-12 bucks a piece if buying singles. Anyways, thought others might be interested.

http://www.surefire.com/EP3-Sonic-Defenders
Soooo... if I leave the little nibs on them I won't be able to hear the wife? I'm gonna order a pair and wear them all the time.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:44 AM
fastbagger
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a set of these at 2009 AZ Bike Week. Best $85.00 I ever spent. They are custom molded and work/fit excellent.

http://www.bigearinc.com/home/Default.aspx

Old 11-01-2009, 05:45 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jackinthebox
does anyone know of any clear ones

The ones I have are clear, they just slip into your ear canal and work great. Hardly noticeable when you have them in, most people don't even know I have them in. But I really only use them when I'm going to be on the highway for an extended amount of time.

Steve

Quick Reply: Earplugs