Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback on Harley Goodies Floorboards!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:16 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

surely these things effect the lean angles of the bike . . .

Old 10-31-2009, 11:29 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Originally Posted by davessworks
The lean angle is decreased less then 1 degree with the addition of the extensions. Gratned everyone rides differently, most people do not experience any problems related to this. We do offer a money back guarantee for those few and far between who are unhappy with their purchase.

This product was designed with maximum function in mind and made to be a simple install that anyone can do. Thanks for all the kind words and business guys, it is much appreciated.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:03 AM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Just used to riding the bottoms off my floorboards on my Softail. Probably wouldn't be a problem on a touring bike.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:35 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by davessworks
That was my biggest concern, but after 5k miles it hasnt changed my lean angle although I did raise my r/h side. I do ride hard and am glad I put these on.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:04 AM
deltasnook
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also installed the passenger extensions on my 08 Road King. My wife loves them. The only problem I've encountered is the extensions on the passenger boards, even when folded up, hit the backs of my calves when walking the bike either forword or pushing back. Great product though.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:56 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

Originally Posted by deltasnook
I also installed the passenger extensions on my 08 Road King. My wife loves them. The only problem I've encountered is the extensions on the passenger boards, even when folded up, hit the backs of my calves when walking the bike either forward or pushing back. Great product though.
We are working on a new design to alleviate this as it has been an issue for several customers. thanks everyone for the business, it is truly appreciated.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:03 PM
KBrown53
Road Captain

Tom,
let us know when the new design passenger extentions are available.... looking forward to it.

Kent

Old 11-01-2009, 07:26 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

Originally Posted by KBrown53
Tom,
let us know when the new design passenger extentions are available.... looking forward to it.

Kent
Will do Kent.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:27 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by KBrown53
I recently got a set of Harley Goodies floorboard extenders for my 2009 Road King Classic….. I wanted to provide some feedback to our forum.

To be honest, I was kinda skeptical and had a few questions and concerns about the floorboards before I would get them. I contacted Tom via the email, got very quick response. Floorboards shipped quickly.

Installation was straight forward, I am one to take my time, but even at that, it went quick…. I am guessing 20 minutes. Good instructions, the stuff was packaged well and high quality -- well machined, the size, shape, and color matched my bike perfectly.

Then for the really good part, the first ride! I gave them a 30 mile test ride with highway, back roads, and start & stop in town. I was surprised at how much extra room I had for my feet by only adding just one inch. The shifter and break pedal were more easily and smoothly reached ---- A key safety factor in my opinion. I did not even need to get used to the new position of the boards….. it was just a more natural, less confining feeling.

I will now have to take my wife for a ride and see if she feels that moving her passenger boards out would be something she thinks she would like….. stay tuned for that.

This is one of the top accessories I have put on my bike from a company with a quality product, and excellent customer service.

PS: Not sure if you know, but Harley Goodies give discounts to our forum members.
I put the extensions on before Sturgis last year and my wife said it made a big difference to her.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Adacas
Cruiser

Can they also move feet forward? or just outward? thx

Quick Reply: Feedback on Harley Goodies Floorboards!!