Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 09:06 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I placed the xm portable head unit into my 2 pocket windshield bag. Use a patch cable to the AUX plug in the radio. The antenna sets in the opposite pouch. Works great. I'll take pics and post.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:09 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

bought the pioneer portable xm. plug into the aux. plug on front and drop into cupholder. works great and 129.00 + subscription. plus have it for other venues including biking....

Old 10-31-2009, 11:09 PM
roadking48
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xm mount

Another problem I'm having by mounting xm audiovox radio, that I'm using now, is it wants to vibrate up out of its cradle!!! I've been using a wide rubber band to keep seated in the cradle.. It just slides down on those pins for power and it will vibrate out really easy!! Don't want to glue radio into mount because have to take radio off bike when parking in public.. Thats why was looking for aftermarket module to fit to h-k radio.
I ride alot of mountain roads and tired of hunting fm radio stations all the time.. Xm radio I'm using works great if I could find a clamp mount like cellphones have but need something with the power pins in cradle...to fit a audiovox Xpress model.. What it slides into is called a vehicle dock. Won't stay in it without rubber band and that looks like s**t on bike!!

Old 11-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm about to place the Harley XM module and the harness I bought last year for sale. PM me if you are interested.

Bought a Goldwing for long distance riding. Keeping the SG for fun short rides.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:35 AM
jsimo7
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Sirius starmate mounted as follows. This is 2nd Ultra it has been on. about 40k miles and no problems. I mounted a extra power and antenna cable and it allows me to move it from my cage to the house and bike. works good for me. Antenna is mounted on top of the dash pad here are pics

Old 11-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Ratkiller
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Airborne06
Don't worry about Sirius/XM going under any time soon. I have the HD integrated module. yes, it's expensive, but it's worth it in my opinion. Buy it at Chicago HD for 20% off.
If you use a Zumo system, then you always have to have the GPS mounted to use XM. I don't always ride with my GPS mounted, especially around town. The HD module allows you to control the system with the OEM controls, and the channel/artist are displayed on the HK stereo. Nothing to worry about when you go inside somewhere either...don't have to disconnect a GPS or hide an aftermarket unit. Regardless of what course you take, you'll enjoy the XM....lots of commercial free music, and the ability to listen to news, sports, and weather channels no matter where you roam. Just my $.02...
I agree, bought mine on ebay $345.00 (NITB) and $49.00 for the wire harness. I like it. It took some time looking but it was worth the wait.
Ratkiller

Old 11-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Chris616
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I added Kuryakyn chrome speakers and use a Sirus satellite portable "Stiletto" unit. I can clip it on my bike and go or use it as a head set when not riding. Using the speakers, I can also take off my "Stiletto" and attach my iPod to it as well. Works both way. Saved a crap load of money and looks great.

I have had both XM and Sirus. Sirus is by far a better channel line up. I know that you can add channels for addational fees, but the Sirus channels far exceed XM.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:58 AM
gobblerhuntr
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

got mine off a forum from a person that sold his bike, paid 250 for it and love it. I really love the contolling of all functions with the factory controls. I think it is worth it to buy a factory unit.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:29 AM
jgreg65
Road Master
Received 233 Likes on 42 Posts

Has anyone tried the Garmin 550 with the XM/Sirius antenna? I found out that there is a lock on the top of mount of the Garmin it uses a small two prong fork style screw driver to lock it in place so it cant be taken out.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:44 AM
k&j eglide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've wondered why no one has bothered to make an aftermarket unit that does exactly what the H-D unit does but for a reasonable price. Just look at units like what Crutchfield sells (available as XM modules for many different head units but currently NOT Harmon-Kardon). Seems there would probably be a considerable demand. Kind of dishonest the way H-D markets their touring radios anyway. Only capable of anything beyond the radio function by adding high dollar extra modules.

Quick Reply: XM Radio