Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hidden Antenna Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 11:56 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hidden Antenna Recommendations

IS there a product out there that actually works? Looking for something inside the fairing.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:20 PM
HardyHarHarley
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the powered one made by Dakota Digital. I have it mounted behind the fairing. It requires a 12 volt source. I spliced it into the cigarette lighter lead.

As far as performance, its directional and doesn't perform as well as the outside mounted antenna, especially in fringe areas. Although they state it will not pickup the Weather Band, it works fine here.

In my opinion, they charge allot more than its worth...about $80 if I recall correctly, I did see another brand advertised recently....don't remember where... for allot less.

Don't have high expectations and you won't be dissappointed with its performance.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:34 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

I replaced my stock radio with a Biketronics setup. When I ordered it I was going to get a powered antenna but was told to save my money, they sent a thin wire that plugs into the radio and works okay. Everybody I have talked to has told me nothing will perform like the whip does.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:50 PM
SA315B
Road Captain

I had a hidden antenna installed at Leesburg; got rid of it the moment I got home.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Cheeze
Tourer

J&M Flexpower. I've tried most all of them and in my opinion this one is hands down the best.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:58 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

An el cheapo, 15 buck, universal rubber shorty from the chain auto parts store zip tied under the fairing works pretty darn good.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The Biketronics wire w/plug performs better than any other hidden antenna out there - powered or not. You can make your own, pretty simple AND cheap. If you want really good reception the stock whip is the best, but you can shorten it without hurting reception too much. Mine is 18" long (don't I wish) and it works well.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I think my antenna looks pretty cool!
I didnt like the real long one cause it used to hit the door of my gararge when going in or out but the 09 is shorter and dont have that problem. Personally I like the look.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:43 PM
gmc
Road Warrior

Checker power antena and a y connection (fr. Fry's) attach your stock antena wire also and keep it under your seat, works pretty well. The y connection lets you put the wipe on for the country.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:31 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,871 Likes on 9,333 Posts

When you use less than a properly cut antenna, you're going to get less performance. The antennas that have an amplifier only amplify everything coming into it, thus you have louder static along with the signal that your are trying listen too. Basically, you can do the same thing by turning the volume of the radio up. Its the laws of physics.

Quick Reply: Hidden Antenna Recommendations