Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SHOCK NEWS - Hot off the Press!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:25 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up SHOCK NEWS - Hot off the Press!

HDF sponsor Motorcycle Metal has developed a range of better quality shocks for Harleys and gets good reviews here from customers. Howard has just posted news on his website of the very latest Ohlins touring shocks, with remote reservoirs. Scroll down screen on link for recent now photos. Keep looking in for more news as his testing progresses! Nirvana could be available very soon.....

I am not connected with MM in any way, just keeping a close eye across the Atlantic on Howard's efforts to bring us all a superior ride!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:42 AM
shadowrunner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Most excellent news, I've been waiting for this all year, I have the MM catridge front
suspension now and love it, and have been putting up with stock rear shocks waiting these,
Howard you will be hearing from me shortly!!!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know anything about the new shocks on the 2010 CVO street glide? Not air shocks, **** on left side shock. I wound up with a set on my 2010 Road Glide.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:03 PM
timjab
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is anyone familiar with the Race Tech caddies? i stoped by a local shop and they had a set ready to go on someone elses touring bike. they looked great! just wondering how they compare to ohlins...

Old 10-29-2009, 12:45 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

You can see why this will not work as is:

Last edited by FastHarley; 11-23-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:53 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts
Thumbs up

Caddies are 200 more than the #2 Ohlins , I am waiting for the Fed Ex guy as we speak for my #2's that Howard built for me while he was at the Ohlins factory in Ohio last week, as a matter of fact I think those are my shocks pictured on the site. Howard is wonderful to deal with ,he takes the worry out of the process, highly recommend using Motorcycle Metal!!! And I live a hell of a lot closer to Race Tech than I do to Fort Lauderdale.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:59 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

The shock in the box in Howard's photo is his latest remote reservoir version I mentioned in my original post. No pressure Howard!

Old 10-29-2009, 02:35 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do you mount the reservoir?

Old 10-29-2009, 03:59 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

Sweden forgot to look at my photos and read my notes. The hose on the shock body should have a 90 degree but it is straight. The Resy is OK. I had the hose made so it exactly fit the radus of the fender fitting right under the strut and down to the 2 taped holes (09~10) - DONE. The (86~08) pulling the chrome fender supports on the back where the 2 square holes are. Pull em' and put in the carriage bolts facing out than put on the supplied bracket made in N. Miami onto either application of Bagger motorcycle. The resys are than held in place with a type of hose clamp thing that Ohlins uses on the sport bikes. We have presses and a computer controlled plasma to make em' and will than form them to fit the round canister (resy). The SE have a covering bodywork that hides it all like this. This was used in a photo program to demo to the Sweds what I was trying to do.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:01 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by qtrracer
Caddies are 200 more than the #2 Ohlins , I am waiting for the Fed Ex guy as we speak for my #2's that Howard built for me while he was at the Ohlins factory in Ohio last week, as a matter of fact I think those are my shocks pictured on the site. Howard is wonderful to deal with ,he takes the worry out of the process, highly recommend using Motorcycle Metal!!! And I live a hell of a lot closer to Race Tech than I do to Fort Lauderdale.
You need to look outside your door as they are already delivered a few hours ago. I track every package that I can time permitting.

Quick Reply: SHOCK NEWS - Hot off the Press!