Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Rush Slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 01:20 PM
edmo119
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on Rush Slip ons

Can anyone give pros or cons to getting rush slip ons for a 09 street glide. How do the baffles hold up, how loud, the quality, performance ....etc
Thanks....I value the opinions on this site

Old 10-28-2009, 01:44 PM
StreetGlidinFreak
Cruiser

I have the 2'' Rush on my '07. The factory packing around the baffles didn't last too long. After it burns out they sound great. Relatively quiet on idle, can be heard quite well when on the throttle and quieten down to about right when cruising....or at least for my tastes anyway. (You can still be heard by cars, but you can still hear your radio and the cops aren't too awful pissy about the volume).
I wrecked it last winter and when they went to replace the mufflers, they grabbed the wrong box. I'm not sure if it was 2.25 or 2.5 but I lost ALOT of torque with those, took it back and got them to put the 2" back in, made a big difference. Then I took the baffles out and pulled the packing off, slapped them back in and have never really thought about it since.
I do like the fact that if I wanted to, I can repack them and quieten them down some more if they start cracking down on noisey pipes..... just my 2 cents worth.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:52 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the 1.750 baffles and they are great..

Old 10-28-2009, 02:13 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't like the Straight Cut RUSH 2.50" that I had. They were way to loud and more expensive to change the baffles than I was willing to pay. I opted for a set of Rinehart's.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

1.75's here. Sound awesome louder when you want them to be. Great chrome also!

Old 10-28-2009, 02:27 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Rush is a good quality product with good service. Sold a ton of these at the dealership, very few problems and when there were, Rush fixed it right away. You don't want to go over 2.25" on a stock 96" motor or you'll start sacrificing performance for noise. I've got the 2.25" on my '08 and actually thought they were very quiet (compared to my 2" drags on the shovel) but now that they have "mellowed in" they make plenty of noise when I want. It's not obnoxious at all, but when you crack the throttle hard, then you can wake up the dead and **** off all the owners of cars with alarms. Perfect for me! Oh yeah, I got the bologna cut, just don't see too many of those out there in Baggerland. One other note, if you don't have a fuel management system you risk the right muffler "yellowing" up a bit where it transitions from the exhaust to the muffler.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:13 PM
ArtySmoke
Cruiser

Have Rush 2.00” slash down on my ’07 EGC. Look great and just the right amount of sound for my taste. Leave for work around 05:00am, neighbors don’t complain unless I get on it. No problems with them.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:53 PM
88racing
Road Captain

The following is what I did this summer:
I started with the rush slash ups w/2.5 baffles and had the bike tuned for them. Then with some complaints from LEO's and neighbors reduced baffles down to 2.0 with a new map. So I comprimised and went with 2.25 baffles and definately like the sound a lot better.
But I don't have a 96, mine is a SERT tuned stage II 103 w/255 cams and KW doubleback header pipes.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:13 PM
bobbydeuce
Cruiser

I have the Rush 2.0 slash down slip ons, I replaced the packing around the baffles around 3500 miles, right side was completely disintegrated, it was fairly easy to replace. Rush sent me the packing free of charge including a few packs of chrome polish. As far as sound... I have them on my stock Calif. header pipe with a catalytic converter, I honestly would prefer they were a bit louder, maybe the non-cat header pipe produces louder sound. Overall I think you cant beat them for the $$.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:20 PM
dnitram
Road Master

I've used the Rush 2" slash down baffles of my last 3 bikes and have been VERY pleased!

Quick Reply: Opinions on Rush Slip ons