Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police Model RK

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009 | 06:26 PM
global force
Advanced

nice ride, q hog. whose fairing is that and are you happy with it? i'm checking them out but i haven't seen one on a running bike. i'm curious about vibration.

Last edited by global force; 11-13-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-13-2009 | 09:53 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bberck
I would still set it up for solo (wife wont ride) but would still change the seat.

Looks like I would rather have the 08 since you get the 103 VS the 88, 2 years newer and less miles.

Just not ready to give up my Dyna and figure if one of these work out I could have both for close to what a new RK or Street Glide would cost me.

Anything else the Police models dont have or do have over a regular RK?
Yes, go for the '08. Not only the 103 and lower miles, you'll get the larger tank, Brembo brakes, and, you'd have the ability to use a seat from '08 or '09 which might net you a newer looking piece if you're buying used. Little things like that. You get an oil cooler unlike civi bikes. Though not all have ABS, most do and for all you're getting with that low mileage along with that reasonable price, you can't go wrong. The differences really are minor for the most part. Even the wiring isn't drastically different. You could even swap out the interconnect harness to plug in radios and gauges. As we all know, it's a nice canvas to do whatever you want with it.
Be your own Santa, go get yourself a gift!

Old 11-14-2009 | 04:30 AM
BIMC Stinger
Cruiser

I need to update my sig line on here, but my '04 Electra was in service with a southern Indiana department for a few years and had about 14xxx miles on it when I got it. I bought it in November of 2007 for $12k. I now have 40,000 miles on it and running strong. Converted it to two up, kept the stock air ride, changed the police seat for the new Mustang police air ride seat with a backrest (ROCKS!), got rid of the pucks for chrome push buttons, changed to Klock Works Ergo Back Bars, put on Vance and Hines big shots and many other goodies including a kick butt stereo and clearview shield (HIGHLY recomend them). Just this week I dropped it off at a speed shop to get it taken up to 95", new 510 cams, feuling oil pump and lifters. I probably ride this bike harder than many others and do a lot of long distance runs (700-900 miles per day etc) in high temps and low temps. This bike has taken everything I can give it and it keeps on going, runs like a champ! I couldn't be happier with it. My LT at work just sold his Ultra for a profit (couldn't pass it up) so he bought an identical '04 like mine from the same dept. He is planning on keeping it a single seat and painting it for an around town bike, then getting another Ultra maybe next year. He's really happy with his cop bike so far as well.

So, I would say you should get one. Just look at all the above positive posts you got to encourage you! Like Butcher said, get yourself a gift! Mine was a 30th birthday present to myself.

Old 11-14-2009 | 03:43 PM
BLMC
Road Captain

I would still set it up for solo (wife wont ride) but would still change the seat.
If you do get one and want to switch out the seat, let me know, because I will be happy to take the police seat off your hands.