Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just dumped some Amsoil in my Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 05:27 PM
bdgreen
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just dumped some Amsoil in my Ultra

Can you give me a little more info on the Amsoil? I've decided to do the 1,000 mile srvice myself instead of paying the stealer $375.00.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Gmansitur
Advanced

ORIGINAL: bdgreen

Can you give me a little more info on the Amsoil? I've decided to do the 1,000 mile srvice myself instead of paying the stealer $375.00.
Here you go:
http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/mcv.aspx
http://www.amsoil.com/products/stree...oil_chart.aspx
http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2156.pdf
http://www.oilsandlube.com/amsoil%20...vidson_TSB.pdf

No I do not work for AMSOIL. I just love the stuff and get excited when someone else is interested in it too...

Old 07-13-2006, 08:27 PM
The HalfBreed
Road Master

I've been using Amsoil for some time now, and have it shipped to the house by the case. In my Wing, Honda recommends replacing the oil at 4k, then every 8K miles after that. I know lots of folks who do that and have racked up 150,000-200,000 +++ miles with no problems. Amsoil says you can DOUBLE the mileage replacement intervals. I'm old school, and I replace my motor oil every 5,000 miles, (or every year if I can't do 5K) and the rear differential every OTHER oil change, and Honda says to change the rear differential every 24,000 miles. Go for what floats your boat, but keep your receipts and do it according to your maintenance schedule as required, or sooner if it makes ya feel good.

You will find many pro's and con's about cycle oil, synthetic or dino or blended, and all of them are valid for the most part. I know that, if I'm gonna spend 20,000+ on a bike, I'm not gonna cheap out on oil.

Bulldog has great prices and drop ships it from the nearest factory to your door. From my order to delivery, it took 3 days.

http://www.hittnmiss.com/

and Hal (Honda Directline) who runs a cycle shop (he has 3 dealerships) has Amsoil online now, with FREE Shipping.

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/st...4&ID=887693613

Check out prices and get the best price you can find.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:20 PM
lightu
Advanced

I'm an Amsoil dealer and although that may be a bias, I started putting their oil in my bike before I became a dealer. That is all it took to concince me to become a dealer. It is a superior product. Harley Syn rates second from the bottom in independent wear testing. It is a Conoco product in a Harley bottle.

Here's a tip for those of you looking to get Amsoil goods at a nice price. You can become a preferred customer, $10 for 6 months. $20 a year. This allows you to buy products at dealer prices. It doesn't take long to make up $10, especially when you do the oil changes yourself. Or if you have the dealer do the work, they will be glad to put in any oil your request, or bring along with you at the time. I'll be taking my new Street Glide in for it's first check soon, Amsoil will be the stuff it gets. After the first check, I do the service myself.

I took an IronButt 1000 mile ride earlier this season. After pounding 16 hours through 90+ degrees, Amsoil performed without any concerns from me.

And they just introduced air filters for cycles. Very high quality. No better oil and filters available.

EC

Old 07-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Dandy1
Supporter

I have used Amsoil in my metric bikes for years and have never had any problems of any kind with the bikes. Now that I have my first Harley I'm planning on using it in it also. Glad to hear others like it too.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:52 AM
Ganno57
Tourer

ORIGINAL: bdgreen

Take a ride down to Goe H-D in Angleton. I have purchased my last 3 Harleys form them and use them exclusively for my services. It is a 90 mile ride each way for me. When I had the 1k done on my 06 FLHT it was around $275 including everything. They are good and fair people to deal with. They also stock Amsoil and will put it in instead of the H-D branded products. Just let them know when you talk to the service advisor.

Old 07-16-2006, 02:08 AM
callieblue
Tourer

I notice today riding in 90+ heat that the engine ran great in stop and go traffic. Really impress with it. At the 1000 mile service I am not sure what they put in their. But at 1700 miles I went to amsoil. Amsoil gear oil in other two holes.