Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Four Eyes!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:03 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

got mine at eyemasters. found a pair of sunglasses i liked that had a nice curve to them and bought one pair with tinted lenses and one with polarized clears. work great...ride safe

Old 10-26-2009, 10:09 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have two sets of Oakley canteens, I think they are discontinued now, but I have prescription dark lenses and prescription clears

Old 10-26-2009, 10:09 PM
cmhfguy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have astigmatism, and for riding I wear a pair of wraparound Oakley prescription glasses, self tinting and gradient bifocal. The whole works. They are great, I see distance, I can see the gauges, I don't need to change them for night riding, and I can leave them on when I get off the bike to go into a store etc. I bought the Oakleys at my optometrist's who had the lenses ground to my prescription.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:16 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I've needed glasses since I was 20. 18 months ago, I had Lasik surgery. My distance is great but up close I need cheaters to read. I wear bifocal polarized magnifiers during the day and clear magnifiers for nightime riding.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

I was diagnosed with the over 40 syndrome at 40. I got a set of Panoptics with my prescription and they are great. They come with a removable foam seal, which I don't use much, and are photogray so I only need one set for day or night. Panoptics has a different name now. They aren't cheap but I ride a lot and go long distances so they are worth every dime to me. Got them at a place called Sports Optical. They fit them right, the lens distance from your eye etc. I imagine a good optical shop can show you a lot of options.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:37 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to optics planet and had them make some Wiley X slydes in my Rx. Their website will tell you what frames can be used for Rx. I had them tinted with Gray 1 which helps them get darker with transition lenses yet is very clear at night time so one pair works day and night. I always forgot my night time glasses at home so the one pair just for the bike works great for me. I have several Oakleys that I love and the only brand I use at home because of the straight arms but the Wiley X are better with the wind and offer more protection.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:14 AM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you only need glasses to see print properly but IF your distance sight is OK (and you should know this easily by looking at something further away) just get some cheap magnifiers to improve clarity.

An Optometrist will do his/her best to try to fit you into the most expensive glasses they have in the store-- bifocals / trifocals / night glasses / sports glasses etc.

Humbug!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 AM
nahanhoku
Advanced

Join the club. For many of us our reading vision tends to go at about 40ish. I found clear safety goggles with bifocal readers built in at the local hardware store @ $15. They come in +1.00 to +2.50 and may go higher. When you start needing glasses for distance as well as reading then you can get WileyX in prescription transition or bifocals for reading and distance. Getting older makes you learn to adapt and create the new normal. Welcome your new normal. Now - where are my damn glasses?

Last edited by nahanhoku; 10-27-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:04 AM
2nd Mike
Tourer

I found out I couldn't see up close a couple of years ago(I'm 47) and it really pisses me off!

I'm dealing with it with some 1.0's for now but it is frustrating!!!!

I guess I'm lucky for making it this far but I hate to spend a fortune on a clear lens with a slice of correction on the bottom!!
It SUCKS getting older but it sure beats the alternitive!

Old 10-27-2009, 02:48 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I have worn glasses since I was about 18. When I ride, I wear contact lenses and inexpensive safety sunglasses. (see link below) I need "cheaters" to read print, but can still see the gauges and all O.K. I use the cheap reading glasses from Wal-Mart, leave a pair on the bike at all times. Got a pair of clear safety glasses for after dark that I leave in the lower faring also.)

http://workingperson.com/products/85...y_Glasses.html

Quick Reply: Hey Four Eyes!