Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV install, Dyno Tuner in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Drail
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV install, Dyno Tuner in Texas?

Just got my PC-V retrofit from Fuel Moto for my 06 EG 2day. Simple install, dont ya love plug and play. Of coarse it's raining (my luck) forecast calls for rain all week. Any suggestions for a good Dyno-Tuner in North East Texas?

Old 10-26-2009, 01:10 PM
tenn.vol.
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If I must ask, why not start with a canned tuned from Fuel MoTo?
Thats what santa is going to bring me, IF I am a goodnboy!! Tenn.Vol.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Drail
Advanced

It is loaded with a canned map but they did suggest a Dyno tune to optimize the performance of the PC-v.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:31 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's your bike and your money so you can do whatever you want with it, but I bought my PCV from Jamie, pre-programmed, and I see no reason to get a dyno. You may or may not gain another 2-3 HP/TQ, or you may not. There are so many shops out there where the techs don't have a clue about truely tuning a bike on a dyno. Me personally, I'm not going to shell out 3-4 hundred bucks for a POSSIBLE 3 more HP. But that's just me.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:43 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

there's a guy in dallas/ft worth area who's supposed to be a true wizard with tuning. PhilM a forum member would know who he is. he lives in the dallas area and has dealt with the tuner. wish i could remember the name of the guy but he has quite a shop and is very experienced with tuning, and knows all the tricks of the trade. i also have a pcv that i put on my 08 streetglide, and am less than impressed with its tune. torque came up a bit after the install of the canned map, but seems to run too fat, killing the fuel mileage. mine needs to be tuned properly rather than the canned map also. good luck with getting yours running right. i was about to remove the pcv, but as much of a pain it was to install, i plan on getting it tuned rather than removing it and putting it in the classifieds for sale. philm is the guys name who would know the tuners name in the dallas area.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Dailydbl
Advanced

I use Piper Performance and have been very pleased. Cliff Piper is a good guy and very knowledgeable but he can be very busy sometimes, so be patient. 817-656-7400.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:45 AM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ed Dahir. thedynodifference.com He has done 2 of my bikes. He has lots of experiance, and is very meticulous. You can have confidence that he will tweak it to its best. I had a free tune on my current bike by the dealer, to their credit they were very close on the afr, but way off on the throttle. Ed fixed it to perfection. pm me if you need any further info. He is the guy that emwolb was referring to in his post above.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:08 PM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drail
It is loaded with a canned map but they did suggest a Dyno tune to optimize the performance of the PC-v.
I just got both of my bikes tuned with Ed at the at www.thedynodifference.com

I took my PCV's off both and had the ECM tuned directly using the dynolink software but you can use the PCV and have him tune to it if that is what you want.

I wouldn't advise using the "canned" maps, period. They may "feel" like they are running good but they aren't doing you bike any good. I had one on for 972 miles using the default map from the PC site and had a bunch of carbon builtup on the pistons. I know this because I had a big bore kit installed and saw them out of the engine. BTW, the so-called can map matched my setup perfectly.

Whatever you do give Ed a call. He does a great job and stands behind his work.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:23 PM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These folks do good work.

Dave

http://www.dndhomelandcycle.com/

Old 10-27-2009, 06:28 PM
pbsdaddy
Extreme HDF Member

Received 5,383 Likes on 2,487 Posts

Look on the PC web site. They have a list of all their authorized, trained dyno tuners. In my area, it's the local Suzuki dealer. I've had other Harley's there and they know what they are doing. My PCV is scheduled to be on their machine weekend after next. The operator says he has great respect for Jamie and his canned maps. He has seen several of them on different brand bikes. While most of the bikes benefited from additional tuning, the canned map was a great, "daily rider" tune.

Quick Reply: PCV install, Dyno Tuner in Texas?