Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers for I-Pod on my Road King

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009 | 11:53 PM
jwinder
|
Novice
Default Speakers for I-Pod on my Road King

I know this has been asked at least a thousand times, what's the best speaker to install on the Road King handle bars?

Old 10-26-2009 | 01:40 AM
onthelo
Road Master

I believe Kuryakan has some like 3 or 4" with a chrome pod?? I have put many ipod 6x9 setups on road kings but have not done the crash bar/handle bar speakers ask gtsdesigns he may know he does allot of audio on bikes also..

Old 10-26-2009 | 01:55 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member

I have installed these on a friends RK, the sound was pretty good and they were easy to do.

This system ROCKS! New 2nd Generation looks, performs, & rocks even better! No compromise here with the perfectly designed 3" main speakers with additional tweeters for full bodied sound. The weatherproof bullet housing has powerful built-in true 50 watt amplifier & includes a volume & on/off control switch. Convenient swivel adjustment gives you the freedom to position speakers in any direction you choose. With a full plug & play wiring harness, noise purifier & standard 3.5 mm jack, simply connect your iPod, MP3 player, satellite radio, personal CD player, etc, & ride on.

852 Fits: 1" Handlebars (set) $399.99 Qty
851 Fits: 1-1/4" Handlebars (set) $399.99 Qty

Old 10-26-2009 | 07:07 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior

Heres some pics of what I did to a RK that I owned. A different way to add a stereo to a RK.

Old 10-26-2009 | 08:29 AM
bobros
Road Warrior

I have the Rumble Road Ultras and am very pleased. I previously had Cycle Sound/2-wheel tunes 50 amp speakers and they were a POS. Amp blew after 1 hour. They would not exchange.

Whatever speakers you choose, make sure you get 100amp. Anything less and you will have problems hearing at highway speeds.

Old 10-26-2009 | 09:18 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by bobros
I have the Rumble Road Ultras and am very pleased. I previously had Cycle Sound/2-wheel tunes 50 amp speakers and they were a POS. Amp blew after 1 hour. They would not exchange.

Whatever speakers you choose, make sure you get 100amp. Anything less and you will have problems hearing at highway speeds.
Are the Rumble Road Ultras 100amp? I've been thinking of going with these. They are good at freeway speeds? How about with the windshield off?

Old 10-26-2009 | 10:15 AM
bobros
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Arizona
Are the Rumble Road Ultras 100amp? I've been thinking of going with these. They are good at freeway speeds? How about with the windshield off?
Rumble Road offers a few different models. The Ultra are 100amp. I would compair the to "almost" same quality sound as my previous stock 2008 SG fairing. I can't speak for how well they sound with windshield off.

I now have a detachable fairing but only using for winter/long trip rides. I'm very happy with the option of music without need for fairing.

Old 10-26-2009 | 06:13 PM
TMair
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bobros

+1 for the rumble road, I had a set on my RKC, put them on the crash bars, that was ok up about 60 MPH, I now have a detach fairing, sold the rumble roads to my son, we put them on his bike behing the windsheild, he loves them! A guy I know had the little ones installed that are showen in the second post, he said he can't hear them when the wind is blowing, or on the freeway, he has them on the bars behind the windshield.
Terry

Old 10-27-2009 | 01:29 AM
karz10
Road Master

I bought a set of these used from a forum member, very pleased so far, hear them up to about 80 or so w/ windshield, and up to about 70 or so w/out windshield, either gps or mp3... http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=16

Another member had good things to say about a new product from pyle, example: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TE5WRW

The J&M's are often $450-$500 new, but are some of the best looking ones out there imo, since they're integrated right into the controls, and it's a pretty straightforward install since the speakers are self amplified, no need to worry about hiding an amp etc.

The Pyle's are cheap $$ at around $100+, and one dude on here said they were good, maybe search on it and see if anyone else has an opinion, but if I didn't get such a good deal on the J&M's used, I would have at least investigated the pyle deal.

Old 10-27-2009 | 01:39 AM
Razorback
Tourer

I have a set of Rumble Roads 50W/internal amps. OK up to 60-65mph. Use an add on volume ****, otherwise you you have to pull a glove off to adjust, real PITA. One of these days I'll switch to Uniq Cycle units. After hearing these I cant imagine anything better without a 6x9 fairing.

Quick Reply: Speakers for I-Pod on my Road King