Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers for I-Pod on my Road King

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009 | 09:26 PM
musclehead
Cruiser

J&M Self Amplified Speakers. They perform well and look like a standard Harley accessory. If you look closely at the RK in attached picture, you can see the J&M speakers.

Attached Thumbnails Speakers for I-Pod on my Road King-dscn1187.jpg  
Old 10-28-2009 | 09:57 PM
TMair
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SeanEMac
i hear cars coming up on me much better with ear plugs in, it reduces the engine drone and wind noise, making it much easier to hear random sounds. i thought everyone who rode knew that.

i can't imagine doing much riding without plugs in, you're doing permanent damage to your ears. it's far too dangerous. that's why every custom ear plug maker on the planet has a booth at motorcycle rallies.

earplugs reduce pitch in the frequency of wind noise allowing you to better isolate the type noise you need to hear. they also vastly reduce fatigue. being tired on the road is very dangerous. think how poorly you hear after a concert - same thing on a long ride. that's permanent damage you're doing as well. over time not wearing plugs will cause you to hear less of what's going on around you at all times...

watch guys hop off of their bikes after a motorcycle race - plugs right under the full helmet.
I don't think the question was about ordinary ear plugs, it was about those little ear buds that kids use with their ipods, when my youngest sone has those in he can't hear me yelling at him to find out where he want to go next.
Terry

Old 10-28-2009 | 11:06 PM
jb27
Tourer

I'm very soon to join the touring community (Street Glide). A few months ago, I picked up a new set of Kuryakyn Sound of Chrome speakers for my Fat Bob. I rode with them twice and i think that's what pushed me to going to a SG. At any rate, PM me if you're interested in buying them from me. They are in perfect mechancial/cosmetic condition. They are the model set up for the 1 1/4" handlebars. All the wiring is included. The install is pretty simple, hardest part is running the power wire from the battery to the speakers.

Old 10-29-2009 | 05:30 AM
Anthony8858
Road Master

I have the Rumble Road Ultras. They're 100 watt per speaker, with built in amps in each speaker. I have no problem cruising at 80mph. with a short windshield on my RKC.
They sound awesome.

Here's a little video clip:
Crank it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW8MAubD620

Old 11-02-2009 | 09:38 PM
jb27
Tourer

If anyone is interested, I put my Kuryakyn Sound of Chrome speakers up on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=tab%3DSelling

Old 11-02-2009 | 09:59 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SeanEMac
i hear cars coming up on me much better with ear plugs in, it reduces the engine drone and wind noise, making it much easier to hear random sounds. i thought everyone who rode knew that.

i can't imagine doing much riding without plugs in, you're doing permanent damage to your ears. it's far too dangerous. that's why every custom ear plug maker on the planet has a booth at motorcycle rallies.

earplugs reduce pitch in the frequency of wind noise allowing you to better isolate the type noise you need to hear. they also vastly reduce fatigue. being tired on the road is very dangerous. think how poorly you hear after a concert - same thing on a long ride. that's permanent damage you're doing as well. over time not wearing plugs will cause you to hear less of what's going on around you at all times...

watch guys hop off of their bikes after a motorcycle race - plugs right under the full helmet.

Really, No kidding. Next thing you'll be telling me is that if I wear a helmet it will save my life in a crash.

Old 11-03-2009 | 06:22 PM
msm
6th Gear

+1 on the Uniq Cycle system. I installed the "narrow" pod speakers for appearance reasons. They have a Pioneer 2 way speaker in them and sound pretty good. With the supplied amp, I have no problem hearing the system at hiway + speeds. If it is a really windy day, I will have to crank up the volume to hear it on the freeway. I had considered the integrated amp in the speaker pod systems for convenience of installation, but I didn't really care for the style of the larger pods. I did spend several hours installing the system, because I wanted done cleanly and with all of the wiring buried as much as possible and I am really happy with the result. After I had it installed, two of my riding buddies really liked the system and had me install the exact same thing on their bikes (RK std and a softail heritage springer)

Mike

Old 11-03-2009 | 08:41 PM
Chris616
Cruiser

I have the Kuryakan 4" with a chrome set up for my iPod and Sirus Stiletto. They look and sound great.

Old 11-03-2009 | 09:20 PM
Chris616
Cruiser

There is a picture of them on my bike in my albums

Old 11-06-2009 | 08:43 PM
Chris616
Cruiser

I finally figured out how to put a picture in a post. Here they are mounted.

Quick Reply: Speakers for I-Pod on my Road King