Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems switching back to my TSM module.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:39 AM
IDI
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Problems switching back to my TSM module.

I have the TSSM (alarm) module on my bike (2007 Road Glide). Today I've tried to switch back to my TSM module. The Service manual is a little bit vaque in explaining how to disarm the TSSM. Anyhow, this is how I tried to do it. I had my FOB (buttonless) at hand. I turned on the ignition and waited for the "red key" in the speedo to go out, then I pulled the Maxi-fuse. Turn the ignition to off and switched the TSSM for the TSM. Then I put the Maxi-fuse back and turned the ignition back on. The turn signals worked allright and the starter worked to. BUT the engine just started up for a second and then shut down. I checked the codes and I found this "P1009 Incorrect Password EFI".

As I understand I did something wrong when I tried to disarm the TSSM. At my 2002 Softail is just that easy to change from TSSM to TSM.
I know that the TSSM and the EFI module are corresponding to each other. But if the TSSM is disarmed the proper way the EFI "believes" that it has the right password even if I change to the TSM. This is right, ain't it?

Can anyone help me out with this issue? I've search the forum but can't find no thread to this problem.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:08 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,134 Likes on 1,797 Posts

The Electric Diagnostic Manual will show you all about that, more than a service manual would. It talks all about marrying the TSSM to the bike and whatnot.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:32 PM
KY HDRider
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I used the procedure from this thread to marry a new ecm and it worked as described.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...ssm-marry.html

Good luck.

04Ultra

Old 10-25-2009, 04:11 PM
IDI
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! So you guys means that I have to marry the TSM (Turn signal module) to my ECM?
I've never heard 'bout that. The only thing I know is this. If I change my TSSM (Turn signal security module) to a new one. I have to marry that new one to the ECM. But maybe MOCO have changed this procedure when they turned to the TSSM with the buttonless FOB?

Old 10-25-2009, 04:45 PM
KY HDRider
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm no Harley mechanic but I'm 99.9% certain that yes, you have to perform the marry procedure to replace the tssm. It takes about 30 minutes, but it works as described. At least it did for me when replacing my ECM with one from a buddies bike. We swapped ecm's trying to isolate a problem with idle I had. After doing the marry procedure, both bikes were running fine.
Later, we put our original ecm's back on our own bikes, and we both had to do the marry procedure once again.

04ultra