Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beach Bars Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006 | 12:24 PM
imcav8r
Intermediate
Default RE: Beach Bars Install

I plan on going with the internal wiriing as well. Any reason in particular for going with the wider bar? Would you mind posting/emailing some close ups of the bars and wiring? Thanks!!

imcav8r@gmail.com

Old 07-17-2006 | 07:10 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

Those bars look awesome!!!

Old 07-17-2006 | 10:38 PM
callieblue
|
Tourer

The bar are very comfy, I am real happy with them and it cleans the look up. I use my exsisting wires had to add on 5 to 6 inches to wireing hardnesses. I also replace switch covers and front brake master cyclinder and lines, clutch cable, brake and clutch levers, hand gribs, went with chrome buttons on switches (plastic HD) cables are diamond cut. Took me better part of a week at least five days, work on it after work and over one weekend. I also change oil in all three holes, went with amsoil, and amsoil gear oil.

One thing I want to highly recommen is if you change your clutch cable, when you reinstall it do not, I repeat do not over tighten it. It will break. I promise you. Theres a story behind it, Lets just say I broke two, 90 dollar cable. I found the second one at another HD dealer ship and I have to take my hat off to both Crete Harleydavison and Chi-Town Harleydavison, they could have not honor my stupidity! Its a lot of work but if you want to save some $$$$ and learn your way around your scooter get you manual and go at it, it really is a step by step process. I had to go into the trans and clutch sides of the engine to my adjustments. YOU CAN DO IT.