Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Zeppelin

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 07:28 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Road Zeppelin

Just put one on my FLHTK and WOW!!!! that is one big azz seat... very comfy and it has good adjustability, I am very happy with it. A little on the pricey side but I think it is well worth it.

Road Zeppelin® Air Adjustable Seat

This remarkable seat removes pressure points and "hot spots" by adjusting the amount of air contained in each bladder within the seat. Three easy-to-reach rocker switches on the side of the seat control the built-in compressor, adding and bleeding off air with the quick push of a button. On a long run, occasionally inflating and deflating the air bladders reduces the "numb butt" effect by improving the blood flow to the extremities. It features two adjustment zones for the rider and one for the passenger, and a redesigned internal air compressor that adjusts the air level nearly twice as fast as the previous version. The ergonomically-friendly seat design features a narrow front nose for ease of touching the ground at a stop, with a wide seating surface for long range rider and passenger comfort. This easy-to-install vinyl seat accepts a rider backrest and passenger grab rail for additional touring comfort. Seat width 20.0"; passenger pillion width 14.5".

51072-09

Fits '08-later Touring and FLHTCUTG models. (Does not fit FLHXXX.)

MSRP US $699.95

Old 10-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you are happy with it. It is a BIG seat!!

Old 10-24-2009, 09:03 PM
TMair
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only wish they made one to fit my bike.
Good for you.
Terry

Old 10-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain

Have you taken a long ride yet? Did it help? How does it position you as opposed to the stock seat, the same, higher, lower, forward etc? I have yet to find a seat for my 08 that I liked. Tried the Mustang, Sundowner and stock. My problem is I broke my tailbone about 2 years ago and after sitting in these seats it starts to hurt and I also get the *** burn.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love mine! Problem is, the group I rode with this summer quit letting me lead, I wouldn't stop enough.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:16 AM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine for about two months now. Went on a 300 mile ride with no butt burn. I couldn't go 20 miles on the stock seat without my butt burning. Sets me up about an inch higher.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:54 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hrlyrider
Have you taken a long ride yet? Did it help? How does it position you as opposed to the stock seat, the same, higher, lower, forward etc? I have yet to find a seat for my 08 that I liked. Tried the Mustang, Sundowner and stock. My problem is I broke my tailbone about 2 years ago and after sitting in these seats it starts to hurt and I also get the *** burn.
No not a real long ride about 125 miles yesterday. Yes it helped a lot, I never got uncomfortable at all. It does set me up and back some but I don't think it is a full inch but some.
The biggest problem I have with the HD seats is the Ball hook that all of them have at the front of the seat "OUCH" This RZ does not have that and is bit skinnier at the front.
I tried them all and this is the first one that has felt good from the first time I sat on it.
I am going riding today so I'll let you know after I get back.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:04 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I had one but could never adjust it for the sweet spot, sold it to my friend and he complain it lifted him up too much and he couldn't stop "flat footed" I am glad it is working out for you. Many safe and comfortable miles ahead for you

Be Safe JIM

Old 10-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior

+1. I love mine.

Cannon

Old 10-25-2009, 06:37 PM
rodeking
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just did a 3800 mile trip with my girl friend on the back. We rode 750 miles the last day. The RZ is the most comfortable seat I have ever riden, she agrees. I usually leave my seat w/o any air, but after 10 hours I adjust it for variety. It does move me about 3/4 inch up and forward w/o my sheep skin, which adds about 1/2 inch. I would not recomend it if you have less than a 30 inch inseam. It is a bit wide in the front but you get used to it.

Quick Reply: Road Zeppelin