Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KURYAKYN LED COMPARED To the BAL LED TAILIGHT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:05 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,798 Likes on 22,741 Posts
Default KURYAKYN LED COMPARED To the BAL LED TAILIGHT?

Does anyone have any knowledge of these products and have any biases, one way or the other?
Thinking about upgrading the one on my glide.
Your opinion is appreciated.
BAL's are nice and have the module on them and are bright as all get out, where the Kuryakyn is just bright with no module in them.
BAL's are also quite expensive, as in $200 compared to Kuryakyn's $125.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:30 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be curious as well. I have been looking at a BAL but just can't seem to get myself to spend the $$$$$$

Old 10-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Kuryakin's Panacea brake and tail light system it is very cool and functional too. Both the tail light and the turn signals work together and are quite bright. I really don't want to be rear ended. I am not familiar with the BAL.

Attached Thumbnails KURYAKYN LED COMPARED To the BAL LED TAILIGHT?-jester-july-09-023.jpg  
Old 10-21-2009, 06:29 PM
88racing
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't own the BAL or the kuryakin but seen a demonstration of the 2 side by side at the dealership. If you want the brightest light on the market go with the BAL. Its so bright it puts spots in your eyes when they demonstrated tail+brake together. But the cool things on the BAL they demonstrated was the different lighting intensities and different braking light pulses. But I agree the BAL does cost a pretty penny!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:39 PM
maxflhx
Tourer

I removed the Kury tail because it wasn't bright enough. I added the run/turn/brake module and led turn signals that were much more visible than the run/brake. I put a led tail light from Custom Dynamics on and that matches the intensity much better.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:01 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I had the Kury one on my old bike.I didn't think it was very bright.On my new bike I have the HD led tail-light and am very happy with it.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:10 PM
customdave
Stage IV
Default Custom Dynamics Genesis II LED Tail Lights

Check out the new Custom Dynamics Genesis II tail lights, they are as bright as any on the market and resonably priced.

http://www.customdynamics.com/street...taillights.htm

If you are not 100% satisfied you can return for a full refund, you have nothing to lose.

Thanks Dave

Old 10-21-2009, 11:57 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just compared mine (BAL) with a Kury over the weekend.

Not even close to a fair fight. Freakishly, when up close, they seem fairly similar. 30+ feet away (when it really counts), the BAL is blinding. Been asked about it at stoplights with some regularity...

Old 10-22-2009, 05:40 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry absolutely no comparison. I have been behind several people with the Kuryakyn and IMO they are dangerous. You can barely see them in the daylight. In the direct sun forget about it. The BAL is a whole different ballgame. You can see this thing from 1/4 mile away in the daytime even on it's dimmest setting. And the quality of the BAL is top notch.

This is the BAL in run mode.

And in brake mode.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:46 AM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I have used the Custom Dynamics light which is made by NMN. I am using the BAL-1 now and can tell you there is NO comparison at all. The BAL is very well made and is the brightest brake light I've seen period. The futher you are from it the brighter it is. As for the price, Like everything else, you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: KURYAKYN LED COMPARED To the BAL LED TAILIGHT?