Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KURYAKYN LED COMPARED To the BAL LED TAILIGHT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 08:09 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaHag
I've seen comments like yours before, and I just don't get it unless there is a quality control problem with consistency. My Panacea tail-light/turn signal combo are VERY bright and all my friends and family that ride with me love them when riding behind me. Is it the ones with the smoke lens that are so dim???

If there is a quality control or consistency problem with Kuryakyn I wouldn't be a bit surprised. All I know is I have been behind guys with the Kury tail light (I am not commenting on their signals) and it is barely visible in the daytime and worse with direct sun on it. Not safe. My wife was a good 1/4 mile behind me in the daytime with my BAL and could see it easily. I also ran a Street Magic LED tail light for several years before getting the BAL. Still way brighter than a Kury but nowhere near as bright as the BAL. People notice it, comment on it and stay way the hell off my *** when I am stopped. So it does it's job in all situations. If you are happy with your Kuryakyn I am happy for you. No need to even worry about a BAL. But the guy asked for comparisons and that is what I gave him.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:16 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,798 Likes on 22,741 Posts

I'm thinkin' about going to my stealership and popin' for one here in a couple hours.
I figure if it does it's job once, and prevents a rear end then it's more than paid for itself.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:56 AM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a friend who has the Kury lights and to me, they don't even seem as bright as the stock lights during daylight. I have the Custom Dynamics lights and they are definitely FAR brighter than the Kury lights. It almost looks like I have my brake lights on when I don't. When I hit the brakes...WOW. I got the smoked laydown for far less than the BAL. I'm happy with my decision.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Localprez
Ok, call me stupid!! What the hell is BAL??

Well, I wouldn't but since you ask AND since the actual name of the company, hence what BAL was, was mentioned about 12 times in this thread BEFORE you ask this, .....Hello Stupid.............LOL and j/k

Old 10-24-2009, 11:15 AM
det199
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it seems that the BAL is number 1, then what would be #2, Kuryakyn or the HD led's. I'd like to break the piggy bank for the BALs, but if I had to wait, what's the pick?

Old 10-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by det199
So it seems that the BAL is number 1, then what would be #2, Kuryakyn or the HD led's. I'd like to break the piggy bank for the BALs, but if I had to wait, what's the pick?
In my experience Street Magic from Custom Dynamics would be a distant second but way above any others.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Just to follow-up a bit. The one thing about the BAL that I like (besides the brightness of course) is the quality of the build. If you look at this pic you can see the back of the electronics is set into the lens and seal with a clear epoxy making moisture getting inside impossible. It comes with a foam gasket that sets inside the light housing on the bike to seal it as well.

My local dealer, who I got hooked up with selling these, used to sell the Billet Boys tails. They special ordered one for a customer that was their most expensive unit. Which I might add was more expensive than the BAL's. The customer refused to buy it when it came in because of the build quality. He showed it to me and this thing was junk. It was not sealed correctly. The foam was coming off and it just looked real chintzy. So if you think this is the most expensive tail out there it isn't. And the more expensive ones are not necessarily as well built as the BAL.

Choose for yourself. I gain nothing if you buy one. I am just offering my extensive experience with researching and using different LED products. But I think that it is funny how some guys will scoff at someone paying $200 for a tail light that is brighter and offers more safety, but have no problem paying $300 for a set of screw and bolt covers.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:10 PM
det199
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Garemlin, think I'll wait till I have the cash.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Custom Dynamics
Sponsor
Received 245 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Genesis II Street Magic

I would be willing to give anyone here (not everyone) a Street Magic Genesis II (our new one with 120 LEDS) a free unit to compare to the BAL and the Kuryakyn. We have a display board with all 3 on them on it so I know how it compares. I would certainly never say that the BAL was not bright or was not a good unit but check out how ours compares to it. It does not have all of the stobing patterns but it does have a lifetime warranty and it very resonably priced. PM me if you are interested. Just want to give you another alternative. Thanks Dave

sales@customdynamics.com
https://www.customdynamics.com
http://blog.customdynamics.com

Review Custom Dynamics
Phone: 800-382-1388
Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,798 Likes on 22,741 Posts

Got the BAL today for the glide; one word,
AWESOME to say the least!!
I am Impressed!! MADE IN AMERICA!!
TO BOOT!! Yeppers!!
Definitley a BRIGHT *** LIGHT!!
RECOMMENDED!!

Quick Reply: KURYAKYN LED COMPARED To the BAL LED TAILIGHT?