Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KURYAKYN LED COMPARED To the BAL LED TAILIGHT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:15 PM
hyfly1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend snapped this of me and another buddy riding through rain last summer. I'm in the yellow jacket. I have the BAL-1, my buddy has the stock Harley tail light.

Attached Thumbnails KURYAKYN LED COMPARED To the BAL LED TAILIGHT?-bal1.jpg  
Old 10-23-2009, 03:08 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was pulled over by a COP awhile back...Thought I had did something wrong! He comes up to me and asks "Where'd you get the tail light?...I want one for my EGC!". He said he saw it a kilometer back and followed me thru traffic for a mile or two to catch up!

I told him it was a Bright @ss Light an look it up online! It was the best 200 I've spent in awhile for my SG!

A few weeks later he caught me again in the Circle in Indy and told me ordered it and loves it. Now all of his club wants to buy one too!

SO...I'm a firm believer in The Bright @ss Light! They make them for Law Enforcement too! People stay off my @ss now...they don't even come close.

Now...I have the radiantz turn signals on all four corners too...back up by the Badlands Illuminator 3. I haven't had issues with the LEDs in the radiantz...but I wouldn't be surprised if there was. Bikes are hard on parts. We shake more than cars or trucks! SO to me...I'd expect the lights to always be the first to go.

But I digress...I love my BAL and would recommend them to anyone!

Ride Safe, Mike

Old 10-23-2009, 05:00 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Ok, call me stupid!! What the hell is BAL??

Old 10-23-2009, 05:11 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,736 Likes on 22,729 Posts
Old 10-23-2009, 05:26 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Thank you. Did not know that.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:01 PM
dklanecky
Tourer

The BAL lights also are American Made and come with a five year warranty. I love mine and a BAL light would be the first item I'd add to a new bike, period.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Dustball
Road Master

Originally Posted by JohnScrip
Just compared mine (BAL) with a Kury over the weekend.

Not even close to a fair fight. Freakishly, when up close, they seem fairly similar. 30+ feet away (when it really counts), the BAL is blinding. Been asked about it at stoplights with some regularity...
Yep, BAL all the way. Best safety feature I added to the bike. I've NEVER seen a brighter light, and the programmable options for brightness (tail light and brake light modes) and flashes are much better than the Kury. No load equalizer is required either...plug and play 5 minute install.

Bikes and cages give me plenty of room with the BAL....

Old 10-24-2009, 01:36 AM
Avmech97
Road Master
Thumbs up BAL tail lights

Had the chance recently to check out a couple of BAL units & found them to be some real attention grabbers. They are a lot brighter than the Kuryakyn smoked unit on the wifes RKC.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:52 AM
1HarleyGuy1
Tourer

I'll throw in my .02c.. The BAL is absolutly the best and brightest light I have ever seeom for a motorcycle. That, conbined with the ability to change to intensity and flash sequence make it a no-brainer to me!!
Great product

1HarleyGuy1

Old 10-24-2009, 02:57 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Sorry absolutely no comparison. I have been behind several people with the Kuryakyn and IMO they are dangerous. You can barely see them in the daylight. In the direct sun forget about it. The BAL is a whole different ballgame. You can see this thing from 1/4 mile away in the daytime even on it's dimmest setting. And the quality of the BAL is top notch.

This is the BAL in run mode.

And in brake mode.
I've seen comments like yours before, and I just don't get it unless there is a quality control problem with consistency. My Panacea tail-light/turn signal combo are VERY bright and all my friends and family that ride with me love them when riding behind me. Is it the ones with the smoke lens that are so dim???

Quick Reply: KURYAKYN LED COMPARED To the BAL LED TAILIGHT?