Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to use single cylinder mode?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Cerulean
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
by turning the ignition switch on and the run switch, then roll the throttle forward and hold it for a few seconds. The cruise light will flash green if its on, and red if its off.
Hi brettnbama:
I'm trying to interpret your instructions. I assume the bike engine is running, so why do you say "turning the ignition switch and the run switch"? Wont this turn the engine off or run the starter on a running engine?

Thanks for your patience,

Migs

Old 10-20-2009, 11:42 AM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cerulean
HDRider2002:

Can you elaborate on the Pursuit position and how to enable disable it? What is it for and what should it be on normally?

Thanks in advance,

Migs
On your right hand controls, there is a red 3 position switch that used to control the pursuit lights. On the other Police Electra Glides i have seen there is also a red indicator light on the fairing. Depending on how they wired things when the police gear was removed, the switch may still control something (mine controls my passing lamps).

It may be "normal" for the "P" to be illuminated depending on how the wiring was altered when police gear was removed. Mine was always on, unless i had my passing lamps off, then the "P" went out too. When i changed my speedo, i didn't have the problem anymore. I am sure if you get your hands on the police model wiring supplement, you can trace that circuit back and alter it as you wish. Otherwise, you can just leave it, its not harming anything.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:58 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
On my 09 RK, the parade mode kicks in automatically once the engine temps hit a certain point. It only kicks in if stopped and in neutral or in gear with the clutch in. You can enable/disable it by turning the ignition switch on and the run switch, then roll the throttle forward and hold it for a few seconds. The cruise light will flash green if its on, and red if its off. As for the red P, I am unsure, I am not sure I have a red P on my lights
That's how mine works and I don't have a "P" either!

Old 10-20-2009, 01:26 PM
ultrat
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my o9 i do w/ engine running i roll throtle the opisit direction for a few sec. to change or show mode

Old 10-20-2009, 02:41 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by Cerulean
Hi brettnbama:
I'm trying to interpret your instructions. I assume the bike engine is running, so why do you say "turning the ignition switch and the run switch"? Wont this turn the engine off or run the starter on a running engine?

Thanks for your patience,

Migs
don't worry if you don't understand his instructions. it won't work on your bike anyway. my bike is an 07, in order to have the parade mode activated, it is a dealer download. if you're bike is even capable of it, i'm sure that it would also be a dealer download.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:25 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

The 06 models do not have EITMS. Introduced in 2007 this was an optional one time dealer download to enable it. On 2008 Touring models VIN# XXXXX and later (not sure on the specific vin range) and all 2009 and 2010 Touring models this was standard issue and could be turned off and on by rotating the throttle grip forward while the bike is idling. The cruise control indicator will flash green to activate, orange to deactivate.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com