Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flhxse $39,995 lololol!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Estil
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Believe it or not, some people will only buy the most expensive. With the traffic they get at Daytona, they must feel they can make the sale at that price. My bet is that they will.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:51 AM
rags
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Just read in the Daytona Beach News-Journal today that 1799 bikes were sold out of the Destination Daytona store in 2008. Apparently there are a lot of people willing to pay inflated prices and outrageous dealer fees.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:14 AM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe they were going to give you a kiss and a jar of vasoline with it. LOL LOL

Old 10-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Well that is actually pretty cheap compared to what we saw earlier this year. We stopped at that same amusement park last April on our way home from Orlando. They had four SE Road Glides on the floor priced at $42k each and an SE Ultra priced at $47k. So $39k for an SE Street Glide could be considered a sale price.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:03 AM
1999E-Glide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Four Rivers Harley Davidson in Paducah Kentucky has them for $27,999 They had 4 last weekend. Also, this is the best place in the world to buy a used bike. They are 2-5 grand cheaper than anywhere else around Nashville, I am working a deal with them right now on a 2001 Screamin Eagle Road Glide and I'm geting it so good that Im gonna keep the Electraglide. They are the nicest people I have ever dealt with. They had OVER 200 used bikes sitting under the pavillion and over 100 New bikes inside. The place was packed I bet they made 5 deals in the 45 minutes I was there. They know how to run a Dealership.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:06 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Destination Daytona is a great place to go and check out all the new models, but it is hard to believe that anyone would actually buy any of their outrageously overpriced bikes.
They truly deserve the nickname Stealership.
Tom

Old 10-18-2009, 09:13 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe they will get it, I will tell you that even the dealer here in Columbus, GA doesn't keep SE models in stock long. The last one they had was a softail convertable and it sold Saturday while I was standing there. I was talking with the salesman that sold us my bike and my wife's, this older gentleman walked up, his high maintenance looking wife in tow. You could tell they had money and so could all the sales people, which was evident by the fact they were all salivating. He asked the guy I was talking to if they had any CVO's in stock (we were standing right next to the softail convertable) He said yes sir, this one right here. The guy sat on it, and said, "I'll take it"....

My point is, people will pay the over inflated prices simply on the exclusiveness of the CVO models. Normal people like myself, who don't have money falling out of our ears, are irritated by the price gouging because it puts a well equipped machine just out of our reach, to those guys like the one I encountered, the mark up is an annoyance at best. I am not hating on him or anyone else who is able to do that, and really you can't hate on the dealers either. I mean the dealer is in business to make money. Its probably a lot harder for them to mark up the "regular" bikes because most of us end up having to finance their scoots. Most banks won't finance much more than MSRP on vehicles. Mine is through USAA, they would only finance 80% of MSRP. If they make all the bikes unobtainable through mark up, they will ONLY make money on the guys who come in and buy like the guy I saw Saturday....

...wow, that ended up being a long post

Old 10-18-2009, 09:14 AM
spence222
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Yeah you can say that as long as that Babe of yours is sitting on your Road King. LOL
I don't really think thats his RK....I think its hers. lol

Old 10-18-2009, 09:16 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shoot for the stars but settle for the moon. The name of the game is lets make a deal. When you go to any auto dealer they have a price on the window. Have you ever paid that price? No matter what you think they must be selling them or the doors would not be open.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:37 AM
scasey
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captjon37
Shoot for the stars but settle for the moon. The name of the game is lets make a deal. When you go to any auto dealer they have a price on the window. Have you ever paid that price? No matter what you think they must be selling them or the doors would not be open.

I agreee but you would have a long way to go just to get them to MSRP

Quick Reply: Flhxse $39,995 lololol!