Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley VS Gerbings

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 05:52 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley VS Gerbings

I was wondering about the Harley heated jacket liners with gloves Vs Gerbings Heated liners. I was told that gerbings made Harleys liners ? I dont know if this is true or not. I've found some places where I can get wa good price but if anyone knows where I can get a better price I would be greatful.
I know Gerbings sells a duel controller for $99. Seams a little high. I read a review on webbikeorld and it didnt have to much good to say about the gerbings. does anyone have Harleys heated liners that can give a review ?

Old 10-17-2009, 06:15 AM
dklanecky
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on my recent experience, I think Gerbings makes at least some of the heated gear for HD. We had a 150 mile Fall Color chapter ride scheduled for a day with projected highs of 40 degrees, with rain predicted. It actually turned to snow about half way through, but thats another story.

I bought a set of the Harley heated gloves (part number 98323-09VM/002L) and the wiring harness included in the kit had Gerbings tags on it.

Last edited by dklanecky; 10-17-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,101 Likes on 3,649 Posts

Tri First gear or Warmnsafe ...www.cozywinters.com ....Gerbing make a good product... don't believe all the BS you hear...they sell so much of it that they will have more complaints...Make sure you buy it from a reputable retailer as the warranty will be void if you don't. Ask me how i know....

Old 10-17-2009, 06:33 AM
Freebee
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
I read a review on webbikeorld and it didnt have to much good to say about the gerbings. does anyone have Harleys heated liners that can give a review ?
I read the same review and many of others. My conclusion was that for my climate (deep south) a 65-70 Watt. liner ($199.00 w/contoller) would be more than enough.
I researched the various brands and decided to go with Warm N' Safe (Heat Troller).

HERE is a site with links to nearly all of the heated gear options.

When the temp drops here (Jan/Feb) I will write a review of the performance. In the meantime, I can tell you that the quality of the liner I purchased is very good. Finish and zippers are excellent. The wiring and connections are sturdy and well re-enforced at the exit points. All of the connection points are long enough to allow ample "Working Room". The liner is heavy, as you might expect with electric wiring inside. It is not bulky and fits nicely under my jackets, this was a concern as I ain't gettin any thinner.

Which ever brand you select be sure to get a snug / tight fit on the liner. They work better when closer to the body.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,101 Likes on 3,649 Posts

All my gear got snugger last year...May be because i ate too much steak n potatoes....BTW, i have warm n safe glove liners and socks...worked good but the liners right next to the skin are a bit warm....that is why i bought some gerbings gloves...I have a gerbing dual controller but i will buy a warm n safe one because i can get just as good of a deal.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:36 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Gerbings Makes the HD heated gear. Difference, is with HD, any problem.... you return to the dealer, who contacts the warehouse, who contact Gerbings, while you WAIT....
with Gerbings, YOU contact them, and get the gear replaced, in 1/4 the time.
For better prices, check out http://heatedclothingoutlet.com/index.shtml if they have your size... you'll save a bundle. I have the Warm n Safe dual controller.... for $99 it's well worth it.
On the down side..... Gerbings dosen't have the Bar and Sheild logo..... which seems to be very important for many...

Old 10-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

The new gerbings have the micro wires, smaller and more comfortable...so they say

Old 10-17-2009, 09:17 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by skootchnc
Gerbings Makes the HD heated gear. Difference, is with HD, any problem.... you return to the dealer, who contacts the warehouse, who contact Gerbings, while you WAIT.....
Your dealer won't give you new stuff to replace defective stuff that is under warranty? Mine does. At any rate, the HD heated gear is only warrantied by the MoCo for a year. After that first year, Gerbings warrants it for life.

The good thing about ordering Gerbings stuff direct is you can get it custom fit if you need it for no extra charge.

Last edited by xxxflhrci; 10-17-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:19 AM
cfmii11
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought the new Gerbing heated gloves w/ microwire and think they are great.
I'm sorry I waited so long to seal the deal.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:28 AM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree, I just got the Gerbing's jacket liner and heated gloves with a dual controller. Don't know why I waited so long. It was a great purchase.

Quick Reply: Harley VS Gerbings