Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rinehart slip on too quiet...help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 12:04 PM
sanaga
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rinehart slip on too quiet...help

yesterday i just bought rinehart slipon and installed on my 09 sg.....
and im a little dissapoint with the sound.....coming from my 07 ultra (has rinehart td) which sound very loud.....
the difference is too much....rinehart slip on on my 09 sg is very quiet....just a little louder than the stock.... no high pitch chirping....
any wrong...?? i wish my rinehart sound loud....anything can be done to make it louder..??

thanks bro

Old 10-16-2009, 12:14 PM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

A drill with a long drill bit might give you more sound. I've only heard Rineharts with the true dual setup never just the slip ons, but I would have thought they would be close. Maybe buy the Rinehart headpipes and make it true duals like your last one.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they break in. Mine are pretty loud now. If you crack it open they roar!

Old 10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I hear ya...they are much louder than stock but much quieter than drags.....
Sometimes I think they are loud and sometimes I say "jesus these sound stock"

Cracking them open I'll agree they do sound pretty loud but puttin around, not really....

Old 10-16-2009, 01:33 PM
MrDad2U
Advanced

My son yanked the baffles (easy two screws on each one) on his TD Rhineharts and wow, it rattled my teeth. When I road it the noise was so loud (I wear hearing aids) I could not hear myself say "Oh S....t!" when I was turning around. They do sell other baffles, perhaps you could swap on the freebie forum.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:36 PM
doorsidedown
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MrDad2U
My son yanked the baffles (easy two screws on each one) on his TD Rhineharts and wow, it rattled my teeth. When I road it the noise was so loud (I wear hearing aids) I could not hear myself say "Oh S....t!" when I was turning around. They do sell other baffles, perhaps you could swap on the freebie forum.
niiice...

Old 10-16-2009, 01:41 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I removed the baffels and added a Big City Thunder lolly baffle in the head pipe. Sounds a whole lot better in my opinion.

The baffles in the rinharts are huge and a PITA to get out. You have to lube them good with penetrating oil and then beat them from the front side out. You can use the bracket to set it on a ledge of a peice of 6 X 6 block covered by a rag. Use a BFH and something to set against the inside lip of the baffle from the front side. Give it few good whacks and it should come out.

The part number from Big City Thunder is Part# 2002 I believe. It's very easy to install. One hole drilled in the headpipe and screwed it on.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:29 PM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

They break in so don't sweat it. Before and after they still aren't loud at idle. Ride behind it or have a friend take off on it and you will see they sound good and loud when you get on it. My first impression was the same too, but after about 3500 miles I'd buy them again.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Chimp
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FunkyNova66
I removed the baffels and added a Big City Thunder lolly baffle in the head pipe. Sounds a whole lot better in my opinion.

The baffles in the rinharts are huge and a PITA to get out. You have to lube them good with penetrating oil and then beat them from the front side out. You can use the bracket to set it on a ledge of a peice of 6 X 6 block covered by a rag. Use a BFH and something to set against the inside lip of the baffle from the front side. Give it few good whacks and it should come out.

The part number from Big City Thunder is Part# 2002 I believe. It's very easy to install. One hole drilled in the headpipe and screwed it on.
I'm curious... If one is going to remove the baffles, wouldn't it be cheaper to get a lower cost set of slip ons to start with? I bet for the cost of a used set of Rinehart's one could buy some other slip ons + the BCT baffle and still come out ahead.

Did you just like the looks of the Rineharts? or just not want to deal with get a different set?

Old 10-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

In a conversation with Jamie at Fuelmoto he was telling me the the Rineharts are alot more quiet on the 09 bikes with the new 2-1-2 exhaust.

Quick Reply: rinehart slip on too quiet...help