Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for advice on 13" ape install...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 01:50 AM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can use the stock 2 piece tbw but I went with the single one from H-D
+1 million
Have had to internally wire all kinds of apes on baggers lately. Get the TBW set-up that does NOT have the connector a few inches from the throttle grip. Will save yourself a headache.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:58 AM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am looking to save a few bucks
BTW, I had to replace the bars on the FXD in my sig since when I bought the bike the front end was folded up like an unwanted lawn chair. I bought it wrecked and was trying to rebuild it on a fairly tight budget. Bought the 16" apes with all switches already internally wired, braided brake, throttle/idle and clutch cables, master cylinder, clutch perch and both levers for under 500 bucks from Hill Country Cycles on Ebay. Had to work on the front brake switch a little to get it working but other than that it was all pretty good quality especially for the price.I know they have packages for the new baggers as well.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:03 AM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RKKY
+1 million
Have had to internally wire all kinds of apes on baggers lately. Get the TBW set-up that does NOT have the connector a few inches from the throttle grip. Will save yourself a headache.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Hill country does have some nice prices. Do you know what bars they sell with their package?

Anyone else have good experiences with Hill Country?

One more question, MassHD mentioned relocating the plugs in my dash but I don't have a dash. Does anyone know if the wiring on a fairing model is the same as a RK?