Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to Biketoberfest? Check out FBI's Drop Seat for me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 253 Likes on 161 Posts
Default Going to Biketoberfest? Check out FBI's Drop Seat for me!

Hey all! If you are going to Daytona this weekend, could you check out the Drop Seat kit bikes at the Fatbaggers (FBI) display at Daytona Destination for me? If you could take a some pics of the kit bikes (not interested in their production bikes) and either post or pm me the pics that would be great! I have a few pics of their bikes, but would like to see some more. If you would, sit on them and give me your impression as well. I'm really interested in putting this kit onto a 09 or 10 SG, would love to hear some thoughts from those that can actually sit on the bike. I know, I should go myself, but it ain't gonna happen this year! Thanks all !
Jerry

Old 10-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Pauljr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FBI had the kit and a few bikes on display with the drop seat installed at Sturgis.
Like everything FBI does the work was excellent . A little pricey I thought but quality doesn't come for free . If you went ahead with the kit you wouldn't see many others just like very often .

Last edited by Pauljr; 10-13-2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added Sturgis
Old 10-14-2009, 12:13 AM
BC Glide
Cruiser

I saw these at Sturgis. Quality looked great, I would say if you need to drop the seat height that this would be a way I would look at doing it. Looked sharp and dropped the seat about 3 inches.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:19 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior

Thanks guys! Anyone got any pics? I'm pretty much sold on their kit, just would like to see some more bikes with it installed. I REALLY would like to sit on one first, don't know if that will be possible. I've sat on their production bikes, and I think the feel would be pretty close. I liked it! Any others?
Jerry

Old 10-14-2009, 07:58 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with you man, I think it looks sexy as hell too, but it is pretty pricey to buy without knowing how it would feel

Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 AM
SeanEMac
Road Captain

I'll be there and definately plan to hit these folks up. How did you find out where they would be? I can't find a list of vendors/locations.

Thanks - Sean

Old 10-14-2009, 08:53 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I like the idea too. I would be interested if your butt would be hitting the saddlebags. It looks like a guy with a Fat *** might be sitting on the saddlebag lids from the pictures on there web site.

Have somebody check out you *** while you are sitting on it. That didn't sound right, well you know what I mean.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior

Sean, the FBI site says they will be there. I've been to Biketoberfest twice and both times that's where they were.

Texas Fat Boy, I know what you mean. It looks like you would be sitting on the saddlebags. I sat on a couple Fatbagger production bikes and they look the same way. I had about 1/2 to 3/4" clearance from my but to the bag on those. I'm guessing it would be the same on the kit bikes? Please don't ask for a pic of my a$$, ok! I should really have gone down there myself to check it out, but it wasn't in the cards this year.

Anyone else got any pics, sightings, or input?

Jerry

Old 10-18-2009, 01:33 PM
edellavedova
Cruiser

I went to Fat Baggers in Daytona yesterday - they had a 2009 Road King Police with the 3" drop kit, FBI rear fender w/frenched in tail light, and a nice 21" wheel upfront. Oh, and their replacement for the hockey pucks on the police bags. Since I have a 2009 Road King Police - I was more than happy to see the potential of my bike.

I sat on the bike and the 3" drop kit is incredible. Sorry I didn't take a picture - I didn't see your post until I got back today. I really liked how the kit makes you sit down in the bike. The finish is great.

I ended up having FBI put the rear fender, rear light, docking point relocation kit and the ***** that replace the hockey pucks on. All done at zero installation cost. Those guys are really great. I'm going to try to get the 3" drop kit next year - it was just too expensive for this year.

Good luck.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Received 531 Likes on 273 Posts
Default Tried It.

I was their yesterday. I tried it on for size. It wasn't bad. Scale of 1 to 10, a 7. It was better than a stock HD seat but not enough where I felt like I would have bought one. I'm 6' 3". It had a sleek look but I felt it was only a slight improvement, my feet felt a little more planted than on the HD seat, but then I didn't get to ride with it to get a true feel, but this was only my observation. Sorry, no photos were taken. Hope this helps a little.

Quick Reply: Going to Biketoberfest? Check out FBI's Drop Seat for me!