Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Street Glide in "Touring" trim

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Dogs of war
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Street Glide in "Touring" trim

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

I have had a vivid black VIP tour pak from customcyclegear on my EG for about a year. It is mounted using the HD solo detachable rack and mounting hardware. It is a terrific product for the price. When you consider it has the volume to hold two full face helmets and a built in backrest and a lockable closure, it is a helluva value.

To mount it using the solo or two up detachable HD rack you will need to place the U shaped mounting bar on the bottom of the box and mark where the five holes need to be drilled in the bottom of the box for the bolts to attach the box to the bar and rack.[/size]Glad to hear you are pleased with your purchase. And, yeah, the HD king tour packs are ridiculously overpriced for what they are.
I have the removable backrest with the luggage rack that connects to it. Can the tour pack be attatched to the luggage rack and still use the pad that comes with the removable backrest?

Old 12-17-2006, 03:04 AM
mrgrinch
Advanced

This guy on ebay sells an interesting looking little platform that he says will let you mount a tourpack onto a luggage rack. Hard to believe it would work well, but he has good feedback...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/motor...66658505QQrdZ1
ORIGINAL: Dogs of war

I have had a vivid black VIP tour pak from customcyclegear on my EG for about a year. It is mounted using the HD solo detachable rack and mounting hardware. It is a terrific product for the price. When you consider it has the volume to hold two full face helmets and a built in backrest and a lockable closure, it is a helluva value.

To mount it using the solo or two up detachable HD rack you will need to place the U shaped mounting bar on the bottom of the box and mark where the five holes need to be drilled in the bottom of the box for the bolts to attach the box to the bar and rack.[/size]Glad to hear you are pleased with your purchase. And, yeah, the HD king tour packs are ridiculously overpriced for what they are.
I have the removable backrest with the luggage rack that connects to it. Can the tour pack be attatched to the luggage rack and still use the pad that comes with the removable backrest?

Old 12-17-2006, 05:52 AM
GermanyBert
Cruiser

I am gonna try this hidden antenna that I found on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...8967204&rd=1,1

This way it will not be visible at all and may pick stations better. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:14 AM
trmn8r
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that guy on E-Pay has got a hell of a scam going on there! try this one isntead... matter of fact same exact pic I think!

metra brand antenna from auto zone

I've got it on my bike, posted about it, as being a decent replacement for more expensive brands and someone was happy to inform me how they had researched all this and this one could never work as good as the more expensive brand... (forget the brand name of the more expensive one) but it seems to to me so ??? but at any rate that guy on e-pay is selling this metra cheapie for the more expensive name brand price looks like to me.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:26 AM
GermanyBert
Cruiser

Yup...looks like I got taken. I guess I should have asked about it here first. Oh well...you live and learn!

I mainly listen to MP3s anyway and my ZEN will plug right into the AUX. Also since I am in Germany the US Radio does not pick up the radio stations that good because of the frequency differences.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:33 AM
MiniMe
Road Master

I've been using a Tune Trapper Antenna for about a year now, hides inside your fairing, works great. $29.95. Here is the Link
http://www.ecshylites.citymax.com/ca...191/368050.htm

Old 12-17-2006, 12:29 PM
trmn8r
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GermanyBert
Also since I am in Germany the US Radio does not pick up the radio stations that good because of the frequency differences.

never really thought about that, would have just assumed that HD would put a radio in that would work in the country the bike was sold in.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:13 PM
GermanyBert
Cruiser

I buy my bikes from the US Army PX so they have US specs. I could always buy a European radio and put it in but who whats to pay $1000 for a freakin' radio!! I bought a radio for my Dodge that can switch from US to Euro frequency....hmmmmm.....maybe the HD radio will do the same. I will have to check into it with the others in the area that have US spec bikes with HD radios.

Old 12-17-2006, 07:32 PM
2006 Street Glide4me
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Pearl Glide

I am looking at the VIP Tour pack and I have a question about the Harley antenna relocation kit. Does it come with the antenna to mount on the tour pack. I already tried the hidden antennas with very poor reception. So I put a short antenna on the factory position and I was wanting to stick with a fixed outside antenna and was wordoring if this H/D p/n 76326-00A, comes with an antenna and mount that I can put on the VIP tour pack. Thanks.
Yes, the Harley relocation kit comes with everything you need to mount the antenna anywhere you desire on the tour pack. You have to drill one hole in the bottom to feed the included coax through, kit includes a grommet to put in the hole. Kit also includes mount for antenna on outside of tour pack. You have to drill the holes, so you can locate the antenna anywhere you'd like on the tour pack. Beauty of kit is that it can be used on any brand tour pack.

Old 12-17-2006, 07:34 PM
2006 Street Glide4me
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Dogs of war

The VIP trunk has a passenger backrest mounted to it. Therefore, you wouldn't need to use your current backrest. While the included backrest is not real fancy, my wife has never complained about it being uncomfortable.

Quick Reply: My Street Glide in "Touring" trim