Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Seat Users - ***Opinion Needed***

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009 | 09:36 AM
Jonny Two Guns
|
Cruiser
Default Heated Seat Users - ***Opinion Needed***

Hello All,

I am interested in getting a Heated Seat for my Road King Custom and wanted to get some feedback from some of you guys that have them already.

Oh I'm sure the Heat will be nice on those chilly days, here is my issue. I got a King Tour Pak last year for a ride Fahpah and I took to Gatlinburg with the Ladies. During the ride my Lady complained that the backrest on the Tour Pak hits her too high on her back and is uncofortable comapired to the regular sissybar backrest. Thinking it might be different I purchased a Chopped Tour Pak. Guess what? Same issue.

Here is where I need your help. It looks like the Heated Seat will raise the passenger up higher then the typical seat. I'm hoping this will solve the Tour Pak issue however I have a problem. Stubby legs. I'm afraid the Heated Seat will bring me up higher. How does the Heated Seat sit compaired to other seats you have had?

Currently I have a Mustang seat and we both love it. The Stock Seat was uncomfortable for both of us. I will say that the Mustang seems to sit me higher then the stock Seat but I have learned to deal with that.

I'm hoping the Heated will do three things. Warm our butts on the chilly days. Raise her so the tour Pak isn't uncomfortable for her and hopefully lower me.

Thanks for any positive feedback you might have,

Old 10-12-2009 | 09:46 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior

If it were me, I'd give Mean City a call to see if they can help your situation with one of their mods.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/index.php

Old 10-12-2009 | 10:36 AM
88b
Tourer

I had a Corbin Rumble with heat on my FLHT. Never though it would do much. just shows how wrong you can be ,I miss it.

Old 10-12-2009 | 11:05 AM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't get it, why would anyone want a hot ***? Just being in the saddle keeps it warm enough. And besides, can't those things cause a yeast infection?

Old 10-12-2009 | 11:50 AM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master

I have MeanCityCycles modified my seat, lowered and moved forward with memory foam. Also added a dual stage heater, best money I spend! The heating pad didn't raise the seating position much higher if at all.

Heated seat is something you won't miss if you never have, but once you use it, you'll love it. Even @ 55F I'll kick it on low.

Old 10-12-2009 | 12:40 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

I have the SunRay Premium Heated seat on my Ultra. It did raise me up about 1/2 - 3/4" above the stock seat (based on my view looking forward across / through the windshield).

For those cold(er) days here in CO, when there isn't any moisture on the ground, it really makes for better riding! Never thought I'd appreciate the seat that much, but dayum...2 weekends ago, I left the house @ 9:15a and it was 38 degrees. Didn't get above 45 all day and when riding at 45 - 75 mph, the heated seat helped to keep me warm.

Perhaps I am getting to be a wuss, as I get older...LOL

Old 10-12-2009 | 01:13 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master

I have a SunRay heated seat on my Road King, and it sits at roughly the same height as my other touring seats. Even my tallboy seat is pretty close, just further back really.

Old 10-12-2009 | 07:15 PM
Stansuski
Cruiser
Question How hot does your seat get???

Originally Posted by KoalaCowboy
I have the SunRay Premium Heated seat on my Ultra. It did raise me up about 1/2 - 3/4" above the stock seat (based on my view looking forward across / through the windshield).

For those cold(er) days here in CO, when there isn't any moisture on the ground, it really makes for better riding! Never thought I'd appreciate the seat that much, but dayum...2 weekends ago, I left the house @ 9:15a and it was 38 degrees. Didn't get above 45 all day and when riding at 45 - 75 mph, the heated seat helped to keep me warm.

Perhaps I am getting to be a wuss, as I get older...LOL
KoalaCowboy not to Hijack,but does your Sunray seat get hot to the touch??,what I mean is if you were to start your bike,let it idle, would you feel the heat or do you have to park your *** on the seat and ride it for a few minutes to feel the heat??.
Thanks,Stan

Old 10-17-2009 | 03:41 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

I just put a Sunray seat on my RK. Like others have said, it seems to raise you up an inch or so judging by the windshield height. But I can still get my toes on the ground (30'' inseam).

Old 10-22-2009 | 09:14 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Stansuski
KoalaCowboy not to Hijack,but does your Sunray seat get hot to the touch??,what I mean is if you were to start your bike,let it idle, would you feel the heat or do you have to park your *** on the seat and ride it for a few minutes to feel the heat??.
Thanks,Stan
Stan,
When I put the heat on 'low' the seat is warm to the touch, but not "hot"...

I've never checked it on 'high' yet...(haven't needed to go to that extreme).

So far, when I ride and need the heated seat, I flip the switch and within maybe 2 minutes, I start to feel the heat...

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Users - ***Opinion Needed***