Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger Brace

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 06:05 PM
rdoucet
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Bagger Brace

Purchased a used 2004 Electra Glide Classic last Saturday and on way home experienced severe wobble in back of bike; really thought I was going to lay the bike down. Got home, parked the bike, and got on the forum to see if anyone else had the same issue.

Found on the forum information about company that make a product called the Bagger Brace. I contacted the company on Monday and had the brace in the mailbox on Wednesday. Took two days to install the brace on my bike after work due to fact that the existing cross brace was way out of square and I wanted it totally straight. Once this was completed, brace went on in under 40 minutes.

Took bike out today and rode same route that I took last Saturday, however, today the wind was worse than last week. All I can say is that this brace works great! No wobble at all - no shifting back and forth in the cross wind and curves handle like a dream.

I am not associated with the company that sells this product and I usually do not endorse products at all; however, I can attest that this product works and works well.

Thank you to everyone who asked about the brace in the past; search turned up much information on the above issue and put my mind to rest that I was not crazy about the wobble I experienced.

Rob

Old 10-10-2009, 08:15 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree 100%.............took all the rear end wobble out of my bike as well.

In my opinion, it's the best one on the market for build, function, and price.

Steve

Old 10-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Got one also I love it...However, if you ride it like a sport bike and real hard the wobble will appear again except worse. So now I just ride it quick and all is good...Bagger Brace is a great product.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:44 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I have one and have about 7k miles on it.
Here is what I have found.
1. Yes it works.
2. Wobble can still be induced but the bike wants to stop it rather than me having to have to take evasive action.
3. Proper shock pressure will make all the difference in the world. With new tires and my shocks properly set I have not been able to induce wobble no matter how hard I try.
4. Causes problems if you have a J&S Jack.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:05 PM
arthur
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

yep, happy with mine too

Old 10-18-2009, 10:10 AM
WideBongo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the part from Progressive Suspension? Any experiences with this part?

Old 10-19-2009, 08:34 AM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my Bagger Brace as well, certainly one of the best pieces i've put on my bike.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:43 AM
IBHarley
Road Master

do yourself a favor and check the rear bushings and then the rest of the pivot points on your bike the brace might mask a real problem

Old 10-19-2009, 09:08 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed mine 2 years ago on my Road King and am very happy with it. Minor wobble at 70mph dissappeared, rain groves on road which made the bike feel like I was riding on ice also no longer a problem.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:32 AM
senorv47
Advanced

Can someone send me info on this Brace? I have not had that issue yet but I'd like to investigate the possiblity.

Quick Reply: Bagger Brace