Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New update for HK Radio/CD player

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 01:48 AM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New update for HK Radio/CD player

I'm on radio #2, which won't play the CD's either. Waiting on radio #3. Number 2 & 3 are refurbished which means I'm getting someone elses problem. They bench test these radios in a dry, non moving/non-vibrating ewnvironment then ship them out to be installed in motorcycles...

Old 06-29-2006, 02:35 AM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bthrel

According to the original poster on VTF, the new firmware is supposed to fix the issue of "Not displaying song titles from CD's and MP3 CD's" After fix the unit should display artist and song titles when playing CD's and MP3 CD's.

The "official" HD web page never has listed the fixes on any of the updates (not sure why).

I'll find out tonight when I get home.

Brian
Thanks for the heads up. Pretty easy and now I have titles. I haven't seen artists yet, but that may be that my MP3 tags don't have them. I'll have to check.

Around 10 - 15 minutes for me.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:44 PM
bthrel
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did mine last night, took about 7 min. Have not tried regular comercial CD's yet, but My MP3 CD's display the Artist and song title at start of each song, after a few seconds the song title is replaced by the clock. If you want to view the song title again, I discovered that if you press the OK button on the right of the unit it will replace the clock with the song title for about 5-7 seconds, then back to the clock. Will try a regular comercial CD this afternoon and see what displays.

BRian

Old 06-29-2006, 04:01 PM
KenFichtner
Advanced

I also downloaded the update, burned the CD and did the install. The install went well and now when I play an MP3 it displays the artist name and song title. The song title goes off and is replaced by the time of day after a couple of seconds.

BUT, NOW I HAVE A PROBLEM.....

My CB won't work! It says that it needs to be calibrated by region? The dealer won't help me because they are too busy.

Ken Fichtner

Old 06-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Dougyfd
Intermediate

I just tried to update my radio and all it displayed was verifying dsp image. I knew it wasn't downloading the update so after ten minutes I tried to eject the cd but the radio locked up ,no controls or buttons worked. I followed the directions & disconnected the maxi fuse but to no avail! I went from having a radio that worked perfectedly to having to go to the dealer next week. Has this happened to anyone or can anyone suggest what to try Thanks

Old 06-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Dougyfd
Intermediate

I was able to eject the update cd after I had the battery disconnected for one hour. Needless to say I'll live with the 7.8 update that I installed last November. Maybe the cd wasn't burned correctly but I'm thrilled to have my radio working again & not having to visit the stealership is even better Thanks

Old 06-30-2006, 09:18 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Dougyfd

I was able to eject the update cd after I had the battery disconnected for one hour. Needless to say I'll live with the 7.8 update that I installed last November. Maybe the cd wasn't burned correctly but I'm thrilled to have my radio working again & not having to visit the stealership is even better Thanks
Just let the CD and the Radio do its thing. It could take 20 minutes to do the job. I have done my own for the last 2 up-dates. The first time it took 20 minutes or more. Last night I think it took 10 to 15 minutes. Just read the directions and do it again. It works.

Bob

Old 07-01-2006, 07:04 PM
katoomofdoom
Advanced

well, i told myself i was dumb for trying to update my radio with this version, given the apparent problems, as sure as shid, the update just hangs up for me. the screen just says "verifying dsp image" forever (longer than 20 minutes) and never shuts off the radio. I kept the lid open as the directions state. Now the CD won't come out of the radio. How idiotic is is that you have to remove the main fuse just to get a damned CD out of the radio???

Gotta say, whoever designed this radio needs to work in another industry - anything, so long as it has nothing to do with airplanes!!!

My advice - give this update a skip until they iron the bugs out of it. If it worked for you, consider yourself lucky I guess.......

Old 07-02-2006, 01:23 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

My freind and I updated are bikes and my other bud's bike yesterday. The first attempt didn't work because we only downloaded half the file and since its a two part file it had us scratching our heads for awhile. In the end we got it right and now the radios display the artist and song title on mp3's only. This was about a 18 beer job too which was a plus!!

Old 07-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master

The update worked perfect for me with no installation issues.

My only gripe is who in the hell develops these updates? I don't want the artist name always showing. If the clock is going to replace something after 5 seconds make it the artist name and keep showing me the song title. These people amaze me they are able to stay employed. What a half-*** effort on their part.

Quick Reply: New update for HK Radio/CD player